Steven's Bagged 1.9TDi MK2 Leon

Steven67

Dec 9, 2013
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
So I've not been on here for a while but I thought I might as well update you guys as to what's going on with my car. Please bare in mind that I'm trying to piece this together as I go along and may not have photos of everything I have done to the car.

I started off with this, a 05 1.9TDi Red MK2 Seat Leon

KBlpXyA.png
Oqgo4KG.png

After I bought it, it was time to transfer my newly bought personalised number plate onto my car, that took no time and was probably the easiest mod I've ever done.
TXNUUdP.jpg

My first call of protocol was to get front and back btcc bumpers, finding these in northern Ireland was a tough job, getting genuine ones was even harder, so while looking for the bumpers I decided I would paint the mirror covers black.

XS7G196.jpg

Sorry, the only photo I have. I know it's a bad one.

After searching for a while I finally found a front face lift BTCC after traveling a good bit to get it I got it fitted and everything for the car and it was going good. However my car was a pre-facelift so that meant it left a gap between the headlight and the bumper.

2hOxFVU.jpg

Now I had two problems, the gap where the fog lights should go and the gap between the headlight and the bumper.

Next I found a BTCC rear bumper and while I got it I decided I'd get two near rear pipes with a decat done. I decided that the badges also needed to go as this point as it gives a much much cleaner work. This was the end result

1e3c23a5e1.jpg

I really should have washed it first.
lW4a8Ga.jpg

Here's a better one.

And now the trouble begins, I was going to my local halfords and was parked up and went to reverse out of my parking spot but there was a small curb around 5cm high and some how the bumper dropped down and where the bumper connects under the car caught the kerb and ripped it off, this is the result.

Ai8JFa6.jpg

X9FzMCl.jpg

And this was the temporary fix at a show when I got bored

9xxZ4gi.jpg

After I got the bumper fixed I found some fog lights and decided to get them fitted.
vesyAga.jpg

Sadly I didn't get any photos at that stage.

Next I had to decide on a colour scheme for my car, it was then I decided I would go with red and gold, well gold for now but maybe not red in the future, so I decided that I would put a few quick photoshops together of how it would look in gold
yLFjYkW.jpg

KdncvpM.jpg

First one is photoshoped with the alloys I always wanted on my car but could never find a set so for now I settled for my standard A5's in sliver as winter was coming.

This is how it looked with my square plate, fog lights and gold grille. When it was getting the gold grille done I decided I wanted the bumper modded so that their would no longer be a gap between the bumper and the headlight and a great job was done with that and that's also in the photo below.

CSld7IZ.jpg

82ItpJS.jpg

Next I decided that I would snap up a cheap deal on one of a local buy and sell page as these recaros where only going for £160.

7BQnnSN.jpg

This was them when they were just fitted/getting fitted. Bit of a mess I know but it was cleaned after.

HxLTjFk.jpg

Next I had a good week and found the wheels I had photoshoped on my car and coilovers, I ordered them both within a few days of each other. The state I bought the alloys in where nearly square however I only bought them because of how hard it was to find them and there was no cracks or welds in them.

This was the wheels when they arrived.

e1d9c4b84b.jpg

This was the state they were in when I received them, and the right side is how I got them back from the paint shop. They did a great job although the refurb wasn't cheap but anyway I got the wheels I really wanted and in the finish I wanted.

250147a5c3.jpg

Now it was around Christmas time so funds were at a all time low with the girlfriends birthday coming up on the 8th of December then Christmas itself so the car was put to the side for a bit however I knew with dubshed coming up soon that I would either have to go big or go home if I wanted to get accepted so I decided that I would leave it for this year and put more money into it at a later date. I also bought new hardware for my alloys however when I got them fitted I don't really like it although they are still on the alloy I think I may have to go back to the old hardware.

033137871a.jpg

The coilovers came, brand new however as above I decided to put the car on the back burner for a bit as I feel out with it and was tempted to sell it, when I decided to give it a quick machine polish I feel back in love with it after I saw how much I could bring up the paint work with a quick machine polish, although it did take me around 20 hours to complete.

e8a7300859.jpg

Now the alloys lay up for a while until I finally got some tyres on them, at this stage I still had the coilovers in my house however I decided to try a test fit with my new wheels to see if they would fit and see what they would look like even without the coilovers in.

52c71fe5bc.jpg

This was the result, fitment was poor and right on the strut so that was a no go and I decided I needed to get spacers, but what did I expect with the big dish and 8.5J & 9.5J. After I bought some 10mm spacers for all around I decided that I needed more spacers so borrowed 15mm from a friend and used 2 10mm at the back so spacers were 20mm at the back and 15mm at the front.

I decided to use some of the smaller mods I had waiting to go in for a few months now, so I decided to delete the rear wiper as I think it improves the look and only cost around £2 for the bung to put in the hole that's left, the same day I also changed the taillights and gave them a good machine polish as they were a bit scratched, I also remove the front mudflaps but didn't get time to take the second ones off the lovely weather poured down.

a092bacbf6.jpg

Below was how they sat with the spacers in all round, I liked how they sat so I decided that I needed to do something with the coilovers to get it a bit closer to the ground, so I sold the coilovers. Brand new, not even out of the box, why I did this, who knows but I decided I was going to go down a different route for suspension

h7aVfPg.jpg

4d59c35059.jpg

After being to a lot of shows in Northern Ireland I decided that I wanted to to go with Air Ride/Air Bag Suspension so I ordered a set from someone in England and when they came it was hell, the rears weren't the right size, so I decided to upgrade the rear bags while I was at it and ordered new bags all round from England, thankfully they got here all good.

U3Oe3QA.jpg

482Bd1s.jpg

I then left the car off with ArezAir in the capable hands of Matt Gordon. I told him about my company and how it would be great if he could work something into the boot build to do with my company and he told me he had an idea, so I let him work his magic and go with whatever he wanted.

VYRW2oQ.jpg

ZbecTT0.jpg

Matt kept me updated the whole way through the install and his dedication and workmanship on my car was truly amazing, he's probably one of the only genuine car people from Northern Ireland as most of them like to take you for a mile. When he was finished with the car he gave me a call to ask me if I was able to collect it, when I got there I was amazed the results were top notch including a chassis notch and anti roll bar removed.

IpJi5Ka.jpg

yZb2t3Z.jpg

I got a few Semi professional photos took quickly in a bad location but they came out well.

OEfrcn7.jpg

ToZXSm8.png

And that's how it is so far, I currently have lost the rear BTCC insert so I have ordered a pair of those. I also have to replace the wing as the usual vag rust is catching up on the car. In regards to what I have planned for the future, I'm mixed, I don't really want to keep my car red but I might as I think it suits the gold perfect but then again red is so common for the mk2 Leon. I have side skirts currently waiting to be painted or wrapped depending on what I decide to do; if it's a paint job or a wrap, I also plan to purchase a triple r composite within the next few weeks. For the interior I don't plan to do much, I might retrim the front and back seats with a iPad dash mount but I think that's all I'll do in there. For my boot build I'm not sure if I'll do anything more creative than what it is atm but I think I'll make a window for the two compressors and add a blue surround around my logo. I've got a set of 3sdms 0.01 I think to put on so I can take my gold Artec Turbo P's off to get polished again and straighten out.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

Last edited:

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
car looks fantastic, from belfast myself and see a lot of MK2 leons that allllll look the same, this is certainly different with the gold trim and the wheels, black and gold would look amazing too but very costly.. how much did it cost you to bag the car ?

Steven67

Dec 9, 2013
car looks fantastic, from belfast myself and see a lot of MK2 leons that allllll look the same, this is certainly different with the gold trim and the wheels, black and gold would look amazing too but very costly.. how much did it cost you to bag the car ?

Thanks dude, yeah I just wanted to try something different with the gold. It cost me around £2000 including the bags and fitting.

Steven67

Dec 9, 2013
So sadly the time has come to part with the leon and move on to a different platform which hopefully brings me a newer faster car! Here's the final state of the car! Air ride is now took out!

Edit: will add pictures when I get on the computer.