Car was fully serviced on saturday using genuine parts

Including
- Oil
- Oil filter
- Fuel Filter
- Brake Fluid
- Spark plugs
- Polen filter

Went to do the air filter and discovered a Piper cross filter was in :)

ra3b.jpg

Many thanks go to Dave at SERE Motors for supplying me with the parts

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Nice to see your getting allt he maintenance done. Main reason why these are so rare is because they were rarely looked after properly.
As for the stickers, thats a shock they came as standard, definately leave them on if they are genuine. To find a mk2 16v for £630 and it even still has on standard genuine stickers!!! Thats bloody good going, think you really have bought a brilliant motor

kriscolo

Jul 13, 2012
Guisborough
Nice to see your getting allt he maintenance done. Main reason why these are so rare is because they were rarely looked after properly.

Maintenance is the main part is my eyes :) rather have the car running sweet before i do anything else. I've ordered a drive belt as well from Dave as one of mine looked slightly worn (perished). its also real shame that many are not left :(

for the stickers, thats a shock they came as standard, definately leave them on if they are genuine. To find a mk2 16v for £630 and it even still has on standard genuine stickers!!! Thats bloody good going, think you really have bought a brilliant motor

Dont worry the stickers are now going to stay for sure , now that i found out they are genuine
and thank you i was amazed it was so cheep and i am proud of my purchase

kriscolo

Jul 13, 2012
Guisborough
Gave her a good clean yesterday as she was due one

used Meguiar's Brilliant Solutions New Car Kit

for the first time and was over the moon with the results

first came across it in performance VW magazine and thought I would give it ago

wctb.jpg

Whole kit is currently on offer at Halfords for 29.99 instead of 39.99

Copper Cupra

Dec 16, 2002
Exeter
This car looks fantastic.... I do hope you keeping it looking 'standard' - Call me sad, but it's a great look for what is an old rare car! - Look after it! ;)

kriscolo

Jul 13, 2012
Guisborough
This car looks fantastic.... I do hope you keeping it looking 'standard' - Call me sad, but it's a great look for what is an old rare car! - Look after it! ;)

Cheers pal and i love how these look at standard ,I will probably lower it on some coil overs ,and see how it looks but if I am honest I won't be changing much I don't think as. I love them standard

And don't worry I will be looking after it and taking great pride in it

kriscolo

Jul 13, 2012
Guisborough
Just a Quick update Just ordered the following parts

Magnecor 8.5mm KV85 Competition Ignition Leads

Genuine Distributor Cap

Genuine Rotor Arm

kriscolo

Jul 13, 2012
Guisborough
New Parts :D

Genuine Drive Belt (hopefully get round to fitting it this weekend)

ecwa.JPG

Finally Magnecor Performance Plug Leads Arrived

5qni.jpg

tf1z.jpg

Seen as i was changing the leads decided to change the Distributor cap and rotor Arm

Managed to get a Genuine Rotor arm off Dave (SERE), unfortunately the genuine cap doesn't get made any more so I Purchased one from AVS ( VW SPARES )

Unfortunately one morning last week my car failed to start:( discovered this to be a faulty starter motor

decided a new battery would be good as well as the starter motor due to the weather starting to get cold

t3ef.jpg

Old Motor Off :)

hcz4.jpg

Car Started Perfectly and Is now running fine :D

kriscolo

Jul 13, 2012
Guisborough
sorry haven't updated this in while due to not spending much money on the car due to christmas coming up. Now with all the gifts sorted and everything payed for its time to get back on with the car.

Firstly i managed to pick up a set of Apex lowering springs and struts off ebay for £15!! Bargain

j63p.jpg

as you can see there a bit rusty (mucky). i received the springs last friday and since then during dinner hours and spare time i have been cleaning both the springs and the struts up as well as re painting them.

qeqe.jpg

Finally today i finished painting the springs and struts and there ready to go on the car tomorrow. i also purchased some new strut top mounts + bearings as well as front and rear bump stops and rear strut top mounts all ready to fit with my new suspension set up.

Also today i got round to under sealing the car , with the bad weather coming up and the salt coming on the road, i thought it would be best to do so as i do use the car as a daily driver even though i only get on average 33mpg.

i will upload some pictures of the springs, struts , under seal asap, and the car with the springs fitted

finally going to give the car a good polish and clean tomorrow ready for the winter months

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.