VCP is not needed for seat sound.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
i have managed to apply seat sound to a mib2 technisat unit with just the use of carscanner app pro.

i stumbled on this thread which gave hope without having to get vcp and zdc files like i did with my first mib2 unit.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/436166/

however why go to the trouble of editing datasets when i already have the correct ones from a vcp patched unit already, so i just copied the data sets from the enabled mib2 unit and wrote them to the new unit and it worked.

i used a vlinker mc+ ble elm327 unit and carscanner pro. you can also add fec`s with this too. its bloody brilliant.

9DFC09E3-8FA0-4BE5-8207-BAC75D4F7E43.jpeg

BEDF5B22-F658-46C0-9FFD-BB9ED2E79FA6.jpeg

864B96D3-A91A-4C2A-AC03-2A0ECB93060C.jpeg

just replace these strings for both data sets with seat sound ones.

Attachments

• 0X3000 seat sound enable mib2 technisat-preh .txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 0X3b00seat sound enable mib2 technisat-preh.txt
    110 bytes · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: MartinThorn

MartinThorn

Feb 28, 2024
This is great and possibly very useful - thanks! I remember you saying on another thread you changed your sound config from 5 door to 3 door - is that one of the bits/bytes in these datasets (because I would be changing it back to 5 for an estate if I were to try this!).

And yes CarScanner Pro seems great, especially for those comfortable with bits & bytes - compared to OBDeleven it appears less polished (in my initial forays so far) but it's also far cheaper and works with cheap generic ODB wireless interface dongles/adapters.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
This is great and possibly very useful - thanks! I remember you saying on another thread you changed your sound config from 5 door to 3 door - is that one of the bits/bytes in these datasets (because I would be changing it back to 5 for an estate if I were to try this!).

And yes CarScanner Pro seems great, especially for those comfortable with bits & bytes - compared to OBDeleven it appears less polished (in my initial forays so far) but it's also far cheaper and works with cheap generic ODB wireless interface dongles/adapters.
No, car type is a different setting. This just activates seat sound where it splits audio and gives the subwoofer setting.

Car type you can change after, let me know if it works, make a backup of the string you currently have also before changing.

MartinThorn

Feb 28, 2024
No, car type is a different setting. This just activates seat sound where it splits audio and gives the subwoofer setting.

Car type you can change after, let me know if it works, make a backup of the string you currently have also before changing.

Backup done and checked against your files above in Excel - same length but lots of changes (283 bytes changed in 0x3000, just 4 changed in 0x3B00)!

Will give your files a whirl in a few minutes..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members