Wheel alignment problems

shotgunnoob

Oct 19, 2022
Nuneaton
Hi all, I recently had 4 wheel alignment done on my 2011 FR. The steering wheel was slightly off centre (to the right) when driving straight and at motorway speeds there would be a very slight vibration through the steering wheel (even after having the wheels balanced). This was the alignment report:

0B777492-05AC-4F40-BA56-E23902ABB942.jpeg

Now the steering wheel is off centre to the left when driving straight and the vibration has reduced but is still present, but is very minimal. Has anybody had this problem before or can point me in the right direction?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I had a buckled wheel that even though balanced out okay on the machine it was still buckled.

Worth a thought

shotgunnoob

Oct 19, 2022
Nuneaton
They all looked ok when they were on the balancer. That would explain the vibration but not the steering wheel off centre. Its a small thing but really annoying..

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
They all looked ok when they were on the balancer. That would explain the vibration but not the steering wheel off centre. Its a small thing but really annoying..
The steering wheel off centre is just bad tracking. It sometimes takes a couple of goes to get that dead straight.

shotgunnoob

Oct 19, 2022
Nuneaton
Yea the place that did the tracking didn't bother to centre the steering wheel correctly.
Should they be turning lock to lock prior to adjustments? I’ve been told this by somebody else too. All they did was lock the steering wheel straight.

I took it back today for them to have another look.. when the steering wheel is straight, the readings are bang on. I explained that the wheel is off centre and they had another adjustment and sent me on my way. Well, its no better..

77F8019A-A5C2-40E6-B88C-CD7F8D72377A.jpeg

This is how the wheel naturally positions itself when driving on a flat straight road.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Nah they just lock it centre and adjust to suit. It's annoying but it won't affect how it drives. It will be able to get set dead ahead. Mine is also slightly off but i live with it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.