Windscreen demist button not working

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
The other evening I noticed my windscreen demist button wasn't working. The one with the windscreen image.

Car had a little condensation on the windscreen - so I pushed the windscreen demist button, but nothing really changed - normally it ramps the blower motor on high and directs the air to the screen, but nothing.

The flaps seem to be working in changing the air manually from the floor to the screen - and the motor speed works from the dial, so you can turn the motor speed up and down, and the AC and heat are working manually - but my demist button - which is supposed to automatically do this doesn't seem to do anything!

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
The other evening I noticed my windscreen demist button wasn't working. The one with the windscreen image.

Car had a little condensation on the windscreen - so I pushed the windscreen demist button, but nothing really changed - normally it ramps the blower motor on high and directs the air to the screen, but nothing.

The flaps seem to be working in changing the air manually from the floor to the screen - and the motor speed works from the dial, so you can turn the motor speed up and down, and the AC and heat are working manually - but my demist button - which is supposed to automatically do this doesn't seem to do anything!

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Not a direct solution but it might prove useful, I thought.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Well did the calibration - and made no difference.
The light illuminates when you press the button - but nothing changes.
Seems like my control panel is 5F0907044H.
There are a few on ebay but look terrible condition!
Not a big deal to live with it and have to press a couple buttons.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Well did the calibration - and made no difference.
The light illuminates when you press the button - but nothing changes.
Seems like my control panel is 5F0907044H.
There are a few on ebay but look terrible condition!
Not a big deal to live with it and have to press a couple buttons.
Do you have air conditioning option on your infotainment main menu?

If you do, did you try turning on the demist function from there?

Hit auto button on the screen, it should show two more buttons right below and one of them controls demist function. Hit that and check if it starts demisting.

The result of this test might give a technician some hints on where the problem is.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Do you have air conditioning option on your infotainment main menu?

If you do, did you try turning on the demist function from there?

Hit auto button on the screen, it should show two more buttons right below and one of them controls demist function. Hit that and check if it starts demisting.

The result of this test might give a technician some hints on where the problem is.

I can only see an HVAC overview display in AC setting menu - showing air direction with arrows to screen/face/feet.
Pressing screen demist changes this display to show arrows point up from the dash like you would expect - so it seems the car is seeing/registering my button press - but NOT ramping up fan speed!
Fan speed works fine manually turning speed knob.

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I can only see an HVAC overview display in AC setting menu - showing air direction with arrows to screen/face/feet.
Pressing screen demist changes this display to show arrows point up from the dash like you would expect - so it seems the car is seeing/registering my button press - but NOT ramping up fan speed!
Fan speed works fine manually turning speed knob.

Do you happen to have a diagnostics device like OBDeleven or similar?
Not sure if any fault in the A/C control unit fires up a light or warning message on the dashboard, so there may be faults waiting there for somebody to see.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I've figured it out! Embarrassingly!
I was pressing the wrong button :eek:
Only had the car 4 years! haha - for some reason the other morning I started trying to press the button in red with the windscreen symbol!
Was just checking fault codes - and saw the windscreen max button in blue - and realised I was being a muppet!

1708530828823.png

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I've figured it out! Embarrassingly!
I was pressing the wrong button :eek:
Only had the car 4 years! haha - for some reason the other morning I started trying to press the button in red with the windscreen symbol!
Was just checking fault codes - and saw the windscreen max button in blue - and realised I was being a muppet!

View attachment 40795
I'm happy for you, that there is no fault and you figured it out

Reactions: SuperV8
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members