Wiring an after market radio. SOLUTION :) Seat Ibiza Cupra mk 5

atr1992

I bought a pioneer appradio sph da-110 and installed it using the wiring harnesses i was told to buy by halfords. However once I did all of this I realised it is wired into a live circuit instead of an ignition circuit.

After reading the forums i couldnt find much details on this so i though i would put up my solution.

In the wiring harness the live lead (red) has a bullet connector built in where you can split the points. I split this connection and ran a 5amp single core automotive cable with a female bullet conection fitting down into the ignition circuit of the 12v supply.

Getting the the supply to the 12v supply is relatively easy when you work it out.

first you need to pop of the cup holder/ handbrake cover between the seats. This is easy and simply pops off when pulled.

GetAttachment.aspx

Next the gear stick cover, same again just pops off. I didnt remove this fully and wiggled it around enough to manage to turn it by 90 degrees so it was out of my way.

GetAttachment.aspx

This now gives you all the access required to get at all 5 screws required to release the plastic cover between the seats. 1 in each footwell. 1 at the rear beneath where the cupholder was, and 2 beneath where the gear leaver was.

GetAttachment.aspx

The entire console will now slide back and give you enough space to get your fingers behind the 12v supply. simply push this through from behind and it pops out. Pull it through and 2 wires supply it. The live is the black and white wire.

Run your new wire plugged into the supply of the radio through the back of the center console and out through the 12v supply hole. Now using a connector connect the 2 cables together. The connector i used simply spliced into both sets of cables connecting the power supply without any cables being required to be cut or soldered.

Simply refit everything back in place and your radio is now on an ignition circuit as opposed to a live circuit.

3mile3llis

Sep 1, 2013
I hate to say it but im pretty sure all you need to do is swap the red and the yellow wires around. I think its the same with all the vw's and seats etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jl

Mar 11, 2014
Yeh swap the red and yellow I had to do it in my old polo, all vag the same!

Last edited:

atr1992

I tried swapping the red and yellow cables over and it made no difference what so ever, hence why I did all that haha

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.