engine light on in dash

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Hi
I have an engine warning light on on my dash ,( It is the yellow one which looks like a radiator).3 weeks so am thinking this may be related .

Emissions control system I believe it is , car still runs and drives but am concerned if I keep driving it ,I will cause permanent damage ,
It is due a service in 3 weeks so am hoping these are related .
I have it booked into my local Cupra garage to get a diagnostic check on Monday as there is no availability till then.
Has anyone else had a similar issue ?
The car is just coming up to 3 years old and has 20600 miles .
The garage recommended calling breakdown company to see if it is safe to drive , so might do that.
Thanks in advance

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
Checking the handbook this evening, the warning light that 'looks like a radiator', as far as I can judge, relates to the Particulate filter clogged'

9dff171f90125832b4f9c0f5a8f8d9de.jpg

Follow the appropriate instructions. 😉 😉

Good luck.

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Quick update ,
Started car today and the yellow light bhas gone out , but I am still going to get it scanned tomorrow.
I had checked the fluids and removed the petrol cap and replaced it , so maybe that did it , maybe not.

Reactions: Bahnstormer_vRS

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Update , car scanned and it was discovered it has a problem with a gearbox module which they have ordered ,
Car running as good as it ever has but, the light has come back on again today , so hopefully a new module will fix it .
Warranty runs out at end of April so hopefully it will be sorted before then.

Reactions: Bahnstormer_vRS
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.