Front 2 window not automatically rolling down

Apr 14, 2024
Hi there I've got a Leon cupra MK3.5 19 reg. I'm got a problem with the front 2 window not automatically rolling down and also when trying to roll down the windows with my key it still doesn't work. I remember when I got the car it was fine but now it's not working. Can anyone help???

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hi there I've got a Leon cupra MK3.5 19 reg. I'm got a problem with the front 2 window not automatically rolling down and also when trying to roll down the windows with my key it still doesn't work. I remember when I got the car it was fine but now it's not working. Can anyone help???

Did you try the reset procedure by rolling them the whole way down and keep holding the button there for a few seconds more and then repeat the same for the whole way up?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I did try that but still nothing. I'm not sure if I was holding the button long enough but I'll try it again.
Recently I experienced the same problem, I guess it was after battery was unplugged & plugged back. If the problem persists, check the driver door (42) and passenger door (52) control units using a diagnostics device, such as OBDeleven. There might be a "basic settings missing" fault logged in each and this requires running the "basic settings -> front window regulator, driver side" in unit 42 and "basic settings -> front window regulator, passenger side" in unit 52. In my case, window controls had returned back to their normal operation after performing this procedure. Also clearing the faults manually was needed, if I remember correctly.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
I had this problem with the near side front window on my 2018 Leon FR. The dealer replaced the switch unit in the door card completely under warranty. I appreciate it would be something of a coincidence for both of them to fall at the same time, but it may be worth checking.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.