Issue with Passenger side door

av07

Nov 25, 2023
Hello lovely people

Back with another issue that I need some quick advice on.

Passenger side door is permanently locked since this morning (Friday 17th May) with the rest of the doors being fine. It will not open from key fob, interior door controls, from the exterior key hole on drivers side door, nor if I pull the interior or exterior passenger side door handles. This has never been an issue before, and as such I am resulting to anyone's help with trying to get this resolved and resolved asap. No electrical work has been done to the car and so I am unsure if this is an electrical issue or a mechanical failure.
For obvious reasons this is a major inconvenience.
I appreciate any time and help anyone would be able to offer me with this.
Thanks in advance everyone! :)

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
A couple of suggestions….
Make sure the engine is running and keep operating the door unlock button on the driver side control. I only say this because I had an intermittent passenger rear door and it would only unlock with the engine running.
Or try banging the door when pressing the unlock button. The lock modules get temperamental in old age and eventually fail.
Good luck with it!!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Try whacking the door south east of the handle with the side of your fist whilst somebody else locks/unlocks with the fob.

But even if you do unlock it it will go again unless you're willing to change the door lock module there and then.

So you're best taking it to a garage ASAP because after a while they can become proper deadlocked

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I agree with what the other lads have said, try banging the door while trying the lock button. If all else fails then i would suggest removing the passenger seat and then you should be able to get the door card off without too many issues. If you do get it to work, then may want to pull the central locking fuse until you have chance to sort it.

av07

Nov 25, 2023
Hi folks

Thanking you for the suggestions! I’ve been trying to give the door a good knock whilst working the key, however had no success thus far. I might have to resort to getting the seat out and releasing it from behind the door card.
Thank you all again for the help

:))

av07

Nov 25, 2023
Quick Update for the thread

Hi everyone.
Thank you for the help and suggestions for the issue.
So, some good news, after repeatedly trying the methods provided in the comments we have managed to get the door lock working again. It's a bit intermittent, so I am looking to replace it as soon as I can. It seems to work best off the drivers side door controls, so It's a lot easier for me to get the car, hit the button a couple times and then bam, its open.
Thanks again all.

A x

Reactions: mty12345 and g60stu

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Glad you got it sorted mate, aftermarket modules on ebay are ok for the £25 or so that they are. Front doors are a lot easier than the rears too.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Welcome to Lock replacement Squad, it wont be the first and it wont be the last just name yourself "The Lockinator I'll be back" lol

Reactions: Battoussai
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.