Manoeuvre breaking

Swanie

Feb 4, 2023
Lanarkshire
Leon FR 2022, 1969 software updated. Started receiving messages,manoeuve breaking currently unavailable and park distance control, clean rear parking se lookse safe to move. Sensors cleaned still receiving messages. Any explanation, or is dealer visit required.
Any thoughts appreciated.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Likely one of your rear parking sensors has failed, so a warranty visit is required - make sure you tell them you've never used a jet wash anywhere near the car.

Swanie

Feb 4, 2023
Lanarkshire
After five week wait for check on parking sensor at rear one found to be faulty, very smal mark size of pin ***** on N/S sensor, difficult to know how this happened. The hard part to deal with is cost £111.00 plus painting, fitting and vat becomes £320. My point to raise is quality of sensors, surely outside surface should be hard enough not to be affected by small mark and sealed to prevent water ingress as mentioned by other owners. Good to have but not at such high replacement cost

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hum, not a good outcome - SEAT must be training their support garages to use magnifying glasses, still if that damage has genuinely been caused by a 3rd party, then that is that.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
Oh I have the exact same tiny pin ***** of damage and had the exact same shock at the repair cost.

Perhaps we can combine forces and show that the sensors are not fit for purpose.

I've done over 200,000 miles in vehicles with parking sensors and never had them fail - until now.

I can maybe understand front ones going with debris hitting the car but a rear one, that is what gets me. What kind of stone bounces backwards onto a car?!

Attachments

• 20240504_090801.jpg
    20240504_090801.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Swanie

Feb 4, 2023
Lanarkshire
I have to accept small pin sized damage as there were hair line scarch marks in area now polished out, cannot think where this could have happened, can only imagine parked near hedge or bush. I agree with your thoughts, sensors not to high enough standard, outer surface requires to be harder and sensor water resistant, have noted issues regarding water igress. All garages pressure wash cars when in for service or pree delivery.
My other point, if dealer had sensor in stock when car being inspected I would have probably agreed to replace.
Has to be ordered, painted and dissembled again to replace, double labour cost.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The cost of getting these sensors painted is quite high, I fitted front end sensors to my car and bought a genuine "2 pack" set of spray cans from, in my case Audi - that worked very well.
The official cost of these sensors is also shocking when bought from VW Group dealerships - same for the ABS sensors if you ever need to pay for one!
I took a gamble and bought an extra sensor, genuine part, as they were quite cheap when compared with the dealership, and painted it at the same time to keep as spare - just in case!

Edit:- I thought that I had posted this back in Thursday - but I hadn't!

I got access to an online listing of VW Group car parts, so it was easy for me to check for part numbers and superseded part numbers, so ended up either buying NOS or stock from a dealership that was closing down, it did help that my car was at that time maybe 4 years old, although having said that, VW Group, like all other car manufacturers, tend to keep parts as standard/common across their models and marques as possible.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise