Oil Service Message?

Sonea Fifer

Hi there

Wondering if anyone can help?

This morning on start up I got the message "Oil - Service Mile's" appearing on the dash just under the odometer.
I press the little button that resets the milage counter and the "oil" part dissapears but it still says "Service Mile's"

I would have thought had my little car needed oil then the little red oil can sign would have light up? Or is my car just telling me it want serviced?

It's a MK2 2003 Seat Arosa 1.0L S if thats any use?

Sorry If I sound like a complete idiot here, just never seen that before?

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
i cant remember if theyhave a service indicator on those arosas but i will ask at work tomoz and let u know!! and if possible how to turn it off... u may just need to hold the pedals down.. but i will have a look tomoz for you! :)

Sonea Fifer

Thank you very much - I've booked the car in for a service next Wed anyway as I've owned it now for 8 months and so far it's never let me down :)

Any help / advice given is always appreciated though ;)

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats just the service reminder - it will come up with 'Oil Service', then next time it will say 'Insp Service' :)

You can turn it off by:
Turn the car off
Hold down the trip reset
Turn the isnition on (but you don't have to start the engine)
Wait and the display should change to '- - -' and it will have gone.

Pinned thread about it in this section for future reference ;) http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173874

Sonea Fifer

Thats just the service reminder - it will come up with 'Oil Service', then next time it will say 'Insp Service' :)

You can turn it off by:
Turn the car off
Hold down the trip reset
Turn the isnition on (but you don't have to start the engine)
Wait and the display should change to '- - -' and it will have gone.

Pinned thread about it in this section for future reference ;) http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173874

Thanks Luna, knew I could rely on the good people on the forums to keep me right :confused:

Like I said before she's going in for a service next week anyway, wont do any harm and it wont cost me anything as I bargained two years servicing and MOT's into the cost price of the car :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.