Predictive speed adjustment - always on?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Hi everyone.

I've just moved from a 2021 MK4 Leon FR to a new V1 etsi DSG and, while it all looks the same inside, the software behaves very differently (most of it now works!).

In particular the assist systems are totally different, lane assist doesn't turn on on B roads - which is a huge improvement and ACC doesn't frighten the c**p out of me and my passengers.

However, I've noticed that everytime I take my foot off the accelerator, to coast towards some far off obstruction (I love how it enters neutral and stops the engine, like a proper fuel miser) it seems to be riding the brakes for me, even with the ACC switched completely off.

It's not too off-putting, the braking is smooth and progressive leaving the car at exactly the right speed behind the slower vehicle in front, when entering a reduced speed limit or roundabout etc but I can't find any setting other than the ACC for this behaviour, and this is switched off?

Any ideas where to look, or is this hard wired as part of the EU speed limiting directive?

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
I assume this is just the regen brakes you are referring to? I don't have the eTSI but I assume, despite being smaller than the PHEV, the battery would still need charging?

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply but it feels like quite heavy braking, much more than I thought would be possible with the mild hybrid motor in these models?

Reading the manual again I think it's likely the eco-efficient driving assistance, as it operates for both for vehicles, speed limits and junctions - which says it's only recuperation, so I guess it must be.

Solo

May 30, 2015
Yes this is likely to be 'eco assist'. You'll also get a message that pops up along the lines of 'foot off accelerator' when you're approaching roundabouts etc.