Silly Design Flaw

AndyC85

I've not even had my car a week yet and I'm complaining already! :p

Not really a complaint as such just something thats annoying me slightly.
The shelf under the CD player in my Cupra, I'm guessing it's the same design in all Ibiza's, doesn't seem to hold onto my CD's very well as whenever I put my foot down and accelerate the bloody things come flying out and bounce off the handbrake! The bottom of the shelf has a rubber lining so if there is one CD in there then its fine, but when you have a few stacked up and the torque kicks in they go everywhere! I guess I could put them in the glove box but when I want to change CD its a bit of a stretch! Silly thing to moan about i know but it's annoying having to pick all my CD's up off the floor every time I get home!

Anyone on here experienced this? Is there a way to stop it happening (other than driving slow? :lol:)

Andy

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
you can get a 6 disk cd holder for under your cd player well worth it and looks spot on mate. Do a search for more info think it has been coverd a few times and Im too lazy to find you a link lol

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Do you still get the drawer under the driver's seat, or have they removed that from the spec now too ?
IIRC that was handy for CDs.

Otherwise do what Guiness suggested and get a CD holder to fit in, or better still go MP3 - once you go MP3 suddenly CDs seem very limiting !

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i popped out that little shelf, put a little bean bag on top of the air con, my radio is now sitting at an angle happily in there.

which is better cos the standard angle of the radio, you can't see any of the display as it's facing the handbrake :p

is also handy because i can now actually get at the wiring behind the radio.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
a bean bag :wtf: i wont say a thing :lol: that slot s just for wallet and phone really i use the tray under the seat for the tunes

unitzero

Ex SEAT owner
Mar 20, 2007
Nuneaton
try getting to your CD's that you put under your drivers seat whilst driving down the motorway!! the in dash cd holder is a much better idea!
or as ChrisBowe82 says; fill up a CD with 10 or so albums in MP3 format.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i can get the c.ds out and into the c.d playa no probs from the seat udertray but my mrs has always said im multi-tallented :D

Poverty

I've not even had my car a week yet and I'm complaining already! :p

Not really a complaint as such just something thats annoying me slightly.
The shelf under the CD player in my Cupra, I'm guessing it's the same design in all Ibiza's, doesn't seem to hold onto my CD's very well as whenever I put my foot down and accelerate the bloody things come flying out and bounce off the handbrake! The bottom of the shelf has a rubber lining so if there is one CD in there then its fine, but when you have a few stacked up and the torque kicks in they go everywhere! I guess I could put them in the glove box but when I want to change CD its a bit of a stretch! Silly thing to moan about i know but it's annoying having to pick all my CD's up off the floor every time I get home!

Anyone on here experienced this? Is there a way to stop it happening (other than driving slow? :lol:)

Andy

Your problem is that your still living in the past :p

CD's :lol:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Put a bit of that rubber matting that you can get from all good car accessory shops in there. I got some for the hole in front of the ashtray for my phone and for the drawer under my seat, as there was no rubber lining in the FR, unlike the drawer in the Sport that I had. At least you'll be able to store one case with maybe a few MP3 discs in it.

Mr.wyngaard

find a cd wallet that fits in the space nice and snug then put all your cds that you want in it and stick the wallet in the cd holder

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
I agree that shelf is the worst piece of design ive ever seen, everything falls out of there, I just decided to never put anything in there again.

The cd holder sounds good though. Dont know why they didnt just move up the climate controls so that they were higher and easier to access.

Guessing it was to allow for double head unit?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise