Silly question I know, but I have to ask!!

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
I've just had a quick look under my bonnet for the first time and I can't see where the air filter is??? :doh:

I must be blind or something, but where is it?? I can see the air flow pipe going from the front bumper to the engine but no big black box to house the filter :shrug:

Piccies would be good if you can :D

thanks

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Umm i have never actually seen my airfilter - but on my FR TDI there are 2/3 big black boxes on the top of the engine, i assumed it was under one of these..

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Indeed, there are a few different options available to you. Its relatively easy to replace the panel filter, as mentioned above, it is located in the engine cover. See here for a few other options :) ...... Click

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
What about a direct panel replacement? is it an easy job now then?

I would say easy, but more dooable but very frustrating. dont think its worth it really just for a panel filter. I had one, but changed it to an induction kit.

Superted

Hopefully will be fitting an Evolution Motorsport RAM induction kit next week, these look the same as the Neuspeed but don't suffer from heat soak :)

Currently have a Green panel installed and that's not too bad actually, miles better than the OEM anyway.........It will be on Ebay hopefully next week if anybody is interested...

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Hopefully will be fitting an Evolution Motorsport RAM induction kit next week, these look the same as the Neuspeed but don't suffer from heat soak :)

Currently have a Green panel installed and that's not too bad actually, miles better than the OEM anyway.........It will be on Ebay hopefully next week if anybody is interested...

I might be interested depending on how easy it is to fit???? Does it come with instructions?

Superted

Very easy to fit.....but no instructions with the kit, as with all of these systems they tend to lean towards a professional install so assume that the people fitting know what they are doing.

Anyway, if you are interested in my Green panel filter and you want to buy i will provide fitting instructions.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.