Some silly codes...

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Before selling my old laptop and setting up VAG-COM on my new one I thought I'd quickly run a scan on my car just to see if anything comes up.

Basically got two codes, the car is running absolutely fine but just wondering if there is anything I should check.

These codes have come up a few times I have run VAG-COM on the car... so isn't a one off message they are re-occurring but there are no issues at all with the car as far as I can see

Address 08 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 6L0 820 043 A
Component: CLIMAtronic PQ24 0201
Coding: 0000000
Shop #: WSC 00000
1 Fault Found:
01274 - Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71)
000 - - - Intermittent

That's the first one - air comes out each vent if I point it to one manually using the climate control panel.

Address 09 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 6Q1 937 049 C
Component: 00 BN-SG. 1S33
Coding: 00140
Shop #: WSC 06402
1 Fault Found:
01598 - Drive Battery Voltage
07-00 - Signal to Low

And that's the second, the car does not seem juddery at all - it sparks up on the first crank and all internal electronics are working fine (Windows, Climate, Mirrors, Radio, Lights & Rear window heater).

Should I just accept it or check anything out? Any ideas?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
You may want to check the battery voltage and alternator voltage, if thats fine just clear it. You may also want to check the battery to see all the cells are topped up, then checking the connectors are nice and tight on the battery terminals.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Cool, I will do.

Any way of checking the battery voltage without a multimeter? On the voltmeter in the car it always sits about 14V and doesen't really change?

I'll check over the connections and the cells also anyways and see everything is OK there.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Try checking it 1st thing early morning, just by turning on the ignition, see how much it reads, this shows how much current it actualy holds.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.