Brake fitments FR> 1.4 SE

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
To fit the 288mm setup you'd need the hubs off an FR too. I believe the 1.4 calliper carriers are part of the hub. If you go to the hastle of fitting hubs off an FR you might aswell fit the 312mm setup off an Audi TT. All that could work out fairly expensive....you'd probably be better off fitting some performance pads and disks to the setup you already have.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
To fit the 288mm setup you'd need the hubs off an FR too. I believe the 1.4 calliper carriers are part of the hub. If you go to the hastle of fitting hubs off an FR you might aswell fit the 312mm setup off an Audi TT. All that could work out fairly expensive....you'd probably be better off fitting some performance pads and disks to the setup you already have.

Altech is bang on, these cars with the smaller engines and power don't have separate calliper mounting brackets - they are part of the hub asembly.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
As above

All as i have done is fitted 256mm EBC Grooved and Drilled Discs on the front , I stupidly fitted Greenstuff Pads aswell , when theve run out i will be fitting the Ferodo ones instead

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
if you need a set of 288mm discs, pads, callipers, carriers then drop me a pm as i have the old ones off the FR. they have only done 20k

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
thanks for the replies people, originally I thought I could do the conversion without needing new hubs but as it turns out I do, to me its not really worth all the extra cash.
I'd rather just by some decent pads and put the rest into a stereo upgrade

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members