BT kit phonebook not updating.

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
I'm currently using a Nokia 6230i, firmware version 3.40

On initial pairing, the phone uploaded all the contacts into the BT kit's memory.

Recently I've removed a few old contacts off the phone, but noticed that the BT kit still retains them.

It seems that is the phone and BT kit do not sync every time they 'link', unlike my old Parrot CK3100.

Is there a way to force this synchronisation?

I've searched the forum for the answer (including the Altea section) without success.

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
I had this problem, the car BT only synch's with your Sim, so if you deleted only from the phone memory, and they are still on the Sim, they will still show.

Dave

I understand what you're saying Dave, but my phone is set to use only the phone's memory.

The SIM only contains the default numbers under each contact; the names being truncated due to the SIM's restricted name length.

The car's BT has uploaded all contacts' numbers from the phone, confirmed by the fact that the contact's name appears in full and is present for each of the stored numbers.

What I'm asking is can these numbers already in the car kit be updated/amended/removed?

I can't see how the changes to SIM contacts affects the numbers from the phones own memory that is now stored on the car BT :confused:

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
Is the car displaying the "last called" correctly?

Yeah, all the features are present; accepted calls, missed calls etc, etc.

I can even see the numbers stored against the Contact's name.

It's just the updating of the car's stored numbers that's the mystery.

(apart from the black art of storing voice activated numbers,
but thats another subject...)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
I wonder if you tried pairing the phone with the car again before it connected obviously, if this would force the update???

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I had a (kind of) similar problem where I un-paired my Sony K750 (due to a load of contacts stored twice) and it deleted the phonebook. When I re-paired it refused to re-send the contacts. First I tried resetting the bluetooth (by unplugging fuse 9 in the main fusebox under the bonnet) this diddnt seem to work so I updated my phones firmware to the latest version. This seems to have fixed it as it sent all the contacts straight away - and also updates if I add a contact.

Maybe you could try this?

Chris

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Seeing as there's no definitive answer, I'm going to have to have a play/experiment - repairing, taking out (and adding) selected contacts and monitoring the results etc.

toNes

Jun 26, 2007
London
not had this issue in my old sport or my new FR.......

seems the phone only transferred the phonebook when I intially paired it.

though since switching phones (Motorola v3 to samsung e900), I can't seem to get the 'last dialled' or other displays...... :shrug:

no biggy really.......

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
I had a (kind of) similar problem where I un-paired my Sony K750 (due to a load of contacts stored twice) and it deleted the phonebook. When I re-paired it refused to re-send the contacts. First I tried resetting the bluetooth (by unplugging fuse 9 in the main fusebox under the bonnet) this diddnt seem to work so I updated my phones firmware to the latest version. This seems to have fixed it as it sent all the contacts straight away - and also updates if I add a contact.

Maybe you could try this?

Chris

I did exactly the same; upgraded the mobile phone software, un-paired it with the car's BT, and finally re-paired it, but it kept on the memory the old stored numbers that were presumably erased from mobile's SIM card, so that some numbers are stored-displayed twice in car's BT ...:shrug:

Does anyone have a suggestion about this ...??? How can you delete the whole phone book from BT ...??? It doesn't seem to work with the voice commands either ...:doh::confused:

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I did exactly the same; upgraded the mobile phone software, un-paired it with the car's BT, and finally re-paired it, but it kept on the memory the old stored numbers that were presumably erased from mobile's SIM card, so that some numbers are stored-displayed twice in car's BT ...:shrug:

Does anyone have a suggestion about this ...??? How can you delete the whole phone book from BT ...??? It doesn't seem to work with the voice commands either ...:doh::confused:

At the moment I have numbers in twice as they are sent from both the sim and phone memory. My K750i wont allow me to just use the sim so I need to delete the ones from the Sim.

Could this be the same as your problem?

Chris

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
At the moment I have numbers in twice as they are sent from both the sim and phone memory. My K750i wont allow me to just use the sim so I need to delete the ones from the Sim.

Could this be the same as your problem?

Chris

But the manual says that only phone numbers on the SIM are passed in BT's phone book.:confused: How can the other numbers from phone's memory be stored in BT ...???:shrug:

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
But the manual says that only phone numbers on the SIM are passed in BT's phone book.:confused: How can the other numbers from phone's memory be stored in BT ...???:shrug:

Manual must be wrong then :D or maybe thats the case with some phones. Ive since deleted all my Sim numbers from my phone and after a day or so they disappeared on the BT... (Still not sure exactly what triggers it to update!)

Chris

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
Well Chris, I've come to the same conclusion as you in that the phone contacts do get updated; it's not instantaneous, but it does happen.

After giving up with the voice command contacts, I renamed some of my important contacts (all of which are in the phone's memory, not the SIM) so that they start with an asterisk. This effectively shunts them to the top of the contact list and can be instantly 'found' when using the car phone kit.

On completing this execise, I took the phone into the car and the pairing was automatically made. On checking the list, my contacts were not modified.

B*gger...

But after driving for a minute or so, entering the car phone book again revealed that it had synchonised to the phone. So, it seems (for me) that a bit of patience is required before claiming that it doesn't work...

carlosabh

I just erased all contacts in SIM card and left the ones on phone memory, after about a minute or two the car`s phone book updated by itself erasing all the duplicated entries, my phone is a sony ericsson K790i