Finally Managed To Get Purple Interior Lighting

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Admittedly I had to sell the Formentor and buy a Range Rover Velar, got me 3.0 V6 HSE R Dynamic, with nearly all options ticked.

9833b44d10c946a4a755839cfd063454.jpg
746F895F-4B4A-416B-9697-BAE60BF22023.jpeg

John Wick

May 12, 2022
:roflmao:

How's the insurance for your new Purple Interior Lighting (compared to the Formentor)? I came out of a Discovery Sport into the Formentor, it was quite a drop (in insurance as well as seating position)!

It actually went down by £5 month, £28 month protected NCB fully comprehensive with wife on policy, 20+ years without a claim

Reactions: dashnine

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Is this your first JLR product ?
I hope you have researched all the existing issues before hand.
Wise thing to do is have a proper warranty in place till you keep this machine.
Just my personal experience which ended in rejection after 18 months of ownership and never again going near JLR.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I owned a 2020 Evoque, but sold it as due to the chip shortage i made a £5k profit. This is JLR approved used and so has 12mth warranty, plus i will extend that, its very low miles and the Velar is probably the least problematic compared to RRS, Evoque etc

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Yes warranty extension is your best bet.
I had 25T F Pace bought new in end 2018, not the same engine as yours but pretty much same platform.
I believe ingenium engine series.
Mine were engine related issues, radiator fan / water pump issue. Last nail was battery going flat and I had enough of it.
As these car are aging there are steering rack failures.
Which you can google and get some insight and maybe careful while driving in standing water..
These cars look very nice posh in my opinion but I have been staying away just for the very reasons stated.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.