Ibiza 6J 2015 3DR Wires To Tap For Subwoofer?

Apr 27, 2023
Grimsby
Hi,

I have a 2015 seat Ibiza I-Tech. Its a 3DR and I am trying to fit a sub to it. I don't have an aftermarket head unit and therefore no RCA ports. I need to fit an RCA converter meaning i obviously need to connect to the correct wires. Can someone that maybe has experience in this or who knows point me in the right direction please.

Thanks In Advance.

Jul 20, 2022
I want to know the same thing I've splices into wires then into output converter still no sound. I've done same to my other car and it works just not I will seat

Darbleberry

Darbleberry
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton, UK
Hi,

I have a 2015 seat Ibiza I-Tech. Its a 3DR and I am trying to fit a sub to it. I don't have an aftermarket head unit and therefore no RCA ports. I need to fit an RCA converter meaning i obviously need to connect to the correct wires. Can someone that maybe has experience in this or who knows point me in the right direction please.

Thanks In Advance.
Hi, I have a small Kenwood under seat sub which works great. You'll need a RCA output converter (can buy one from Halford pretty cheap) which you'll need to splice into the speaker wires of the head unit.

Depending on your wiring kit for the amp / sub you can either run a power supply directly from the battery or the fuses under the dash.
Finding a control cable for the sub might be difficult though... aftermarket stereos have a control cable as standard, standard stereos normally do not.

My Sub has a built-in amp, I have wired both the control and power off the same fuse for the cigarette lighter. The method I used will need a "add a fuse" lead.... easiest method without hacking into the loom.

You'll need to also earth the amp. Just find bolt on non painted metal. Usually hidden under carpet or trim.

Here's a link to my sub and the manual showing how its wired into a standard car stereo... might be helpful.

Sub:

Manual:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members