MIB3: Wireless Full Link (CarPlay + AndroidAuto) works! Thanks to OBD11

Daniel.

May 21, 2022
If I update MIB3, would I remove the wireless FULL LINK? I want to update the maps but I don't want to lose FULL LINK wireless

Tell

Staff member
No full link is a FeC I'm sure as in mib2 so any normal updates don't touch that. It's a license data file which it reads and says, OK you are licensed for these services. Mind you I'm still waiting for people to comfirm you can only update the maps via online and not the published method in the manual using a USB. That will be another licensed service which they may have turned off for Seat. Its on for Skoda Mib3s.

What East Yorkshire were saying was there was newer firmware and I pointed out to get AA if you didn't have the screens you'd still have to do post 1. If you did have the screens there is still the software update ofcourse. The newer firmware could be bought from them.

Reactions: Daniel.

Chuku

Nov 4, 2022
0836 is the latest software. Worlds apart from your current one

Wireless is fairly easy on that unit if the car has online services connectivity
I just got my OBD11, tried to do what the OP said (turning on AA, carplay and mirrorlink, enabling 5GHz and "app connect over wifi"), restarted the system but I cannot see any wireless option :(
it may be that my phone doesn't support it (huawei mate 20 pro) but I thought I should see some option in the car display.

@East Yorkshire Retrofits can you tell me what did you mean by "car has online service connectivity"?
How can I verify it?

Thanks!

Tell

Staff member
It was Android Auto Wireless that was being enabled in these units.

Some phones also need some action in the developers menu. This appears to be the case with your phone. Instructions are in a post here but also say Google as well for more details. There are tricks to get into the developers menu, tapping away at certain elements in the menu then it will reveal the developers menu.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/co3v0s
Also have a look at this. I dont have mib3.

Last edited:
I just got my OBD11, tried to do what the OP said (turning on AA, carplay and mirrorlink, enabling 5GHz and "app connect over wifi"), restarted the system but I cannot see any wireless option :(
it may be that my phone doesn't support it (huawei mate 20 pro) but I thought I should see some option in the car display.

@East Yorkshire Retrofits can you tell me what did you mean by "car has online service connectivity"?
How can I verify it?

MQB vehicles are pretty much good to go. MQBevo requires separate OCU
Send us your VIN in a message and we can tell you. Not all cars are capable of wireless full link, alot of markets don't have online capabilities at all

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022

How can I verify it?

Thanks!
I have the same situation, but I was thinking that maybe is because I can't activate the Hotspot, somebody knows if is that the reason, and if is it, how can I activate the hotspot?.
1670255977393.jpeg

Dec 31, 2022
Hello,

First, thanks for all informations that we can find here !
I bought a new Arona in January 2021, and I would like to know if I can enable Wireless Full link with obd11, and if not, if Wireless Android Auto adapter are good ?
My hardware is H56 and software 0781 (maybe it can be update ?).

Thank you very much in advance !

Anthony

Tell

Staff member
Check out the top post of this.... i put them on this link and it worked.

It's the top post of this thread. I cross linked them.

They are what I call compressed menus. Obdeleven revealed that option and they were away. You need the Pro license of it.

The debate above went off a bit on software updates. Whilst you can update the software via a firmware update it won't reveal the menu if you don't do the mod. It's the long string in the infotainment unit which is effectively the parameter file for the firmware. That parameter needs to be modded. That's what I was pointing out to East Yorkshire Retrofit.

I'd take a gamble. Get Obdeleven Pro original or new gen dependent on whether you want to use it with Android (Probably you do) or iPhone (Probably not) - cost difference. Do the mod as covered in the original post here.

Reactions: anthony956
Hello,

First, thanks for all informations that we can find here !
I bought a new Arona in January 2021, and I would like to know if I can enable Wireless Full link with obd11, and if not, if Wireless Android Auto adapter are good ?
My hardware is H56 and software 0781 (maybe it can be update ?).

Thank you very much in advance !

Anthony
Your unit is extremely out of date. 0836 is the latest

If your car doesn't have online connectivity, you can't have wireless without shitty adapters

Send me your VIN if you're unsure

It is a 2020 Mib3 thou so you'd expect it to have connectivity unless it was outside Europe where connectivity was left off. We'll wait with interest.
Given how old the software is, he probably doesn't

You'd be surprised how many of them don't have it. I'd say 70% of those who message with their VIN don't have it.

Reactions: Daniel. and Tell
Mar 16, 2023
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if it was possible to unlock the wireless AA on my unit when I found this forum!

As far I could understand, it might be possible using the Obdeleven, but before buying I wanted to ensure that indeed is possible. I've got a screenshot of my software/hardware version and VIN number.

Is there a way to verify this?
Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG20230316134502.jpg
    IMG20230316134502.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 210

Tell

Staff member
You got the H56 hardware as covered in the OP so on face value it would work. It's probably a suck it and see. It will be something picked up on user groups and passed on here. There is a twist that you also may need to do with some phones to force them to go into AAW mode. You read that on boards. So you can check whether you have one of those with a Google.

You got the H56 hardware as covered in the OP so on face value it would work. It's probably a suck it and see. It will be something picked up on user groups and passed on here. There is a twist that you also may need to do with some phones to force them to go into AAW mode. You read that on boards. So you can check whether you have one of those with a Google.
It's not that simple frustratingly. If the car doesn't have the telematics module, it can't have wireless Full link (true for MQBevo, MQB doesn’t necessarily require separate OCU)

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
It's not that simple frustratingly. If the car doesn't have the telematics module, it can't have wireless Full link
Why it's suck it and see. Worked for everyone on here so far.

Can you check their VIN if they gave it to you and see whether it's got it. I'd find a use for Obdeleven in anycase but I guess if people are tight with the £ / €.