Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Key Highlights

The new CUPRA Leon brings the brand’s new exterior design language DNA to the compact segment with the shark-nose front end, integrated CUPRA badge on to the bonnet, triangular matrix LED headlights, and integrated and illuminated CUPRA logo positioned at the centre of the rear LED light.

The interior offers a higher quality feel, with newly designed elements such as the centre console, door panels, dashboard, and upholsteries. It is also enhanced with new materials, while also embracing a more sustainable approach, including Bucket seats wrapped in either 73% recycled microfibre or environmentally conscious leather.

Digitalisation is at the centre of the driver’s focus. A new and improved HMI is implemented in the digital cockpit behind the steering wheel as well as in the larger 12.9’’ infotainment system, with a retro-illuminated slider. – New high-fidelity 12-speaker audio sound system developed in collaboration with the audio experts of Sennheiser...

Continue reading...

C1800

Jun 2, 2016
Hi Guys, do you know if control panel below screen is finally with backlight? If yes I really think about retrofitting to my Cupra.

Reactions: Syphon

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Hi Guys, do you know if control panel below screen is finally with backlight? If yes I really think about retrofitting to my Cupra.
Digitalisation is at the centre of the driver’s focus. A new and improved HMI is implemented in the digital cockpit behind the steering wheel as well as in the larger 12.9’’ infotainment system, with a retro-illuminated slider.

Looks like it is illuminated!

Reactions: KoenG and Syphon

Lucas90

Dec 3, 2023
Screenshot_20240430-074933_YouTube.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Digitalisation is at the centre of the driver’s focus. A new and improved HMI is implemented in the digital cockpit behind the steering wheel as well as in the larger 12.9’’ infotainment system, with a retro-illuminated slider.

Looks like it is illuminated!
It’s illuminated in the facelift VW Golf, so with component sharing across VAG brands I dare say all VAG vehicles using the latest generation infotainment screen will have the backlit slider control panel.

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Think I’ll take the opportunity to swap over to a Leon in the new Hybrid estate guise. I’m loving my current Formentor but purely from a usability and practicality standpoint the hybrid estate ticks all the boxes now that it has better power and EV range.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Loving the rear end and the interior looks good too - wonder if we'll actually get the steering wheel buttons..??

It's on my list for when my current Cupra Leon goes back in November 2026!

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Some additional information because Cupra doesn't like to secure their data :)

- there are 2 PHEV versions, one with 204hp and the new one with 272hp, both on 1.5 TSI
- the 272hp does 0-100km/h in 6.7 seconds, 7.0 for the Sportstourer version. This is sad because it's the same as the previous versions which have 245hp
- the 272hp ice has 177hp and the electric motor 116hp

- @rlapin the 0-100km/h for 333hp 4DRIVE, 420nm torque one is 4.9s, too bad it's only on the sportstourer

Edit: in case you were wondering, I got the data from the owners manual for the new version. AMA on this issue

Last edited:

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
Some additional information because Cupra doesn't like to secure their data :)

- there are 2 PHEV versions, one with 204hp and the new one with 272hp, both on 1.5 TSI
- the 272hp does 0-100km/h in 7.0 seconds
- the 272hp ice has 177hp and the electric motor 116hp

- @rlapin the 0-100km/h for 333hp 4DRIVE, 420nm torque one is 4.9s, too bad it's only on the sportstourer
So the same numbers as for 310 hp

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
They've done a good job on the exterior styling, but that huge screen does look like it encroaches on the view out the windscreen (could just be an optical illusion in the photos) and that has to be the most boring paint colour palette ever this side of Audi.

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Have you guys wondered how you open the tailgate? Well, according to the manual...it's a button under the right taillight... wow

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
They've done a good job on the exterior styling, but that huge screen does look like it encroaches on the view out the windscreen (could just be an optical illusion in the photos) and that has to be the most boring paint colour palette ever this side of Audi.
Ikr? I hoped for the MK2 yellow paint but nope... Only sad colors. I still have mixed feelings about the bottom part of the front bumper. Also, I think the old rear lights looked better

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.