Phone contacts photos not imported to infotainment

Jan 31, 2022
Austria, Vienna
Hello

I have a Seat Tarraco 2021 1.4TSI eHybrid, I noticed that when I import contacts from my phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) the picture is not shown.

I tried to change the location of the contact Google account, Samsung account, Phone storage etc, nothing helped. Tried to change to size of the pictures etc. still nothing.

The strange part is that for some contacts is working for some not, but if I take a contact for which it IS working and change something like add another number or email address after re-importing the picture is removed :oops:.

On Android Auto normally everything is fine, when I open the phone there pictures are shown.

As an IT guy I'm used in debugging but this is beyond me :).
Any hint would be highly appreciated.

With kind regards
Rade

Feb 2, 2019
Sheffield
Hi

Kind of a similar problem to mine. Even though I use purely Google to store all my contacts, when accessing the contacts on the infotainment, some of the profile pictures are mixed up, in other words, incorrect pictures for contacts. Some of my male friend have the contact images of my females friends etc. Tried re-importing etc and no joy.

The system has done this from day one, despite software updates.

When I access the Contacts through Android Auto, all is ok.

I have still not found any answers and can only assume it's an issue with the infotainment system.

Mike

• Wow
Reactions: DMP and Tell

DMP

Mar 31, 2023
Mine is exactly the same! My wife's picture is a male friend of mine 🤣 it looks so wrong when the wife calls me.... if she calls me when I am in the car I always answer now with "hello Nathan"

I was hoping there was a fix but from your last post I assume not?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members