Problems

Cupra R 84

Hey all
Tried my vagcom on my girlfriends dads 2005 LCR and tried autoscan. First it asked me to select CAN only from chassis number drop down menu then when it tried to scan it notified me it wouldn't work on gateway. Could someone help me out an poss give some kind of users guide? I was just confused because I can do an autoscan straight away on my girlfriends 2001 golf gti.
Help much appreciated
Steve

Cupra R 84

Im using a HEX + CAN interface with VCDS 908 on vsta if that helps

Cupra R 84

It doesn't do a scan really. It comes up with a page that asks you to choose vin numbers but when you hover over the drop down menu bar a bubble comes up saying to select the CAN only option. From there you can press start or go then it tries to do somehing and finally comes up with unable to work with or on this gateway. When I try a auto scan on my girlfriends golf gti it goes straight into it and starts scanning adresses for fault codes. Just not sure why it doesn't do the same.

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Do you mean it comes and asks you to look at the 7 & 8th positions in the VIN to find the proper chassis number? Or are you saying that your chassis is not in the drop down list? I find it hard to believe that your 2005 is not in the list.

If we are guessing correctly, you should be selecting the 1M chassis. You should see a 1M in the 7 & 8 positions of the VIN. Do not do the CAN auto-detect.

We don't think your car is a 1P but if you select 1P it will try to get the list of modules from a CAN gateway and if our guess is correct, your car doesn't have one!

In the event we are wrong and you do have a 1P, you may have clicked ByPass CAN on the Options screen. Make sure if it is a 1P that you have not clicked the ByPass CAN box.

Cupra R 84

ok i'll try it tomorrow on my 2004 LCR it is a 1M not really worked out how to use it properly yet need to understand how it all works I guess but its just knowing where to start. Is there a good users guide out there I feel like a right amatuer