stereo issues

stuart88

hi all i have a leon mk 1 fr tdi

i'm having some issues with a new sony stereo i have fitted, its not an amazing headunit it just plays mp3 discs etc.

it was working for about a week with no issues, now it won't even turn on!!

i have took it out and re fitted it and it works first time, however once i turn the car off the stereo turns off and won't turn back on again? also i have an aftermarket cruise control system (goldcruise) that has stopped working since the new headunit has been fitted.

i'm really confused guys!

i have tried the whole swap the switched earth with the continuous earth which worked when i first fitted the stereo so i don't think its that! also for some reason there is an in-line fuse connected to the loom behind the stereo (which wasn't blown) i have no idea why its not working.

sorry this post is so long i've just tried to give you guys as much info as possible.

any help would be much appreciated!!!

stu

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
Do you mean constant supply and ignition supply? as there should be a constant earth that wont switch.
The supplys only need to be switched if your head unit loses its setting and channels once it has switched off.

Does your head unit work first time every time the car is turned on, or is it only the once when its been removed and then reconnected?

I would check your headunit to see if it has a reset function usually a small pin hole that has to be pressed.
If the cruise control is not working either it sound like a shared supply is being pulled down, does the cruise control work when the head unit is not in?

The cruise control wiring you had fitted may also have an in-line fuse that I would check just incase that has blown.

stuart88

thanks for the reply,

the headunit only works once re-connected meaning i have to disconnect the stereo completely each time (finding it a bit hard to explain!).

the cruise control has one light showing but will not switch into cruise mode.

i will have a look for a re-set button on the stereo.

the cruise control never works anymore, headunit or no headunit.

cheers stu

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.