Strange reboot menu after Update

drmrbrewer

Mar 29, 2024
I recently collected my Cupra Leon Estate V1 1.5 eTSI... no doubt not as fancy as some of yours but I'm enjoying it so far!

I was playing around within the settings in the Infotainment system to see what was what, and at some point I found my way onto an option called something like "Update"... not sure if it was exactly that, or similar.

I thought that this would update to the latest version, so I gave it a whirl. Soon after initiating Update, it seemed to reboot the system, and then I found myself on what looked like a pretty rudimentary looking admin menu, I would liken it to the simple BIOS admin menu you get (or at least used to) when you reboot a PC and hold F2 as it starts booting.

Not really wanting to mess anything up, I chose what seemed to be the most neutral option, which was something like "reboot to normal mode"... or similar.

Since then I've tried to find my way back to that "Update" option, just to see where it was and to do more research about it, but for the life of me I can't find it again! Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've looked in the user manual but can't see anything.

Thanks.

drmrbrewer

Mar 29, 2024
@tomek_olo press and hold the on/off button, or what is described in the manual as the "home button" (the button with three slashes /// )?

tomek_olo

Cupra Leon ST VZ 2.0 245 DNPA DQ381
Jan 28, 2022
Not the power button. The home button, you may describe it as ///, but on the home screen I think there are 4 squares there.

drmrbrewer

Mar 29, 2024
@tomek_olo OK thanks. Is this documented anywhere (can't see it in the user manual), or is it meant to be "hidden" from normal users? I'd like to read about it in more detail.

Apr 16, 2024
Cheyenne, WY
To access the admin menu on your Capra leon's infotainment system after an update, you likely encountered a special service or diagnostic mode unintentionally. This menu is usually not intended for routine user interaction and is more for service technicians. To reaccess, this menu, you typically need a specific key combination or sequence, which can vary based on the software or model.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members