Chrome exhaust trims

JezzaS

Jezza
Mar 16, 2012
Kent
I know there are quite a few threads on here regarding what are the best chrome exhaust trims for the Exeo but I thought I would start this one as I have found some that fit perfectly.

Having read most of the threads on here and then searching for weeks to find the perfect fit, I stumbled across these..........Skoda FDC 609002. They are for an Octavia II with a diameter of 55mm, which is identical to that of the Exeo and are are 68mm at the front. They are fixed in place by sturdy clamps. They have rolled in edges and have a more acute slant cut than the standard pipes but this suits the car better imo.

They cost £52 from a Skoda dealer. Fairly expensive but worth every penny although not as expensive as VW or Audi but then I haven't found any that fit and also not as expensive as the £80+ for the Seat oval pipe that also requires the existing tailpipes to be cut!

Hope this helps those that are looking to improve their rear!

Cheers, Jezza.

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
Hi, can I ask what is the model of Exeo you have (mine is a 143 SE ST) and can you confirm no cutting required (mine still under warranty, so don't want to cause any problems). Thanks....Julian

JezzaS

Jezza
Mar 16, 2012
Kent
I have a 2012 143 Sport Tech.

Definitely no cutting required as I fitted these myself. Mine is also still under warranty and is also a company car, so I cannot make any alterations like cutting exhaust pipes!

I will upload some photos but they definitely improve the look of the rear.

Hope this helps.
Jezza

Legohead

Feb 11, 2006
Hertfordshire
They look good in the link, but it would be nice to see a photo of the whole back of your Exeo

Might need to have a phone round today.

Didn't some else find some Audi trims that are a tight push fit?

JezzaS

Jezza
Mar 16, 2012
Kent
Going to try and get some photos up today.

The instructions do say to cut the original pipes back so that you can't see them once the trims have been fitted. I haven't and you can see the them on the inside of the trims but I can live with it because it has improved the look of the rear and you can only see the original pipes if you are up really close.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I've got a pair of A3 ones fitted to mine, look almost identical to the Skoda ones....

You can just see the original pipes inside the chrome trims....

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

JezzaS

Jezza
Mar 16, 2012
Kent
have posted some pics but this site will not let me post the URL so go to photobucket.com/Exeo

johns_sp

Thank you for the info. I (foolishly) plumped for some generic ebay items which were of poor quality, are a tad on the large side and will ultimately end up in the bin!
Wish I'd known about these earlier. I too am an SE TDi 143 Driver and have been looking for some decent exhaust trims that fit without modification. These look great!

JezzaS

Jezza
Mar 16, 2012
Kent
I also bought some from eBay previously and they were also poor quality and too big which is why I spent some time researching and ended up with these Skoda ones.

Did you see the photos of my car with them fitted at photobucket.com/Exeo?

johns_sp

Yes I saw the pics on Photobucket!

The trims look great, classy and OEM exactly what you want on an Exeo!

Dillinja

Throbbing Member
May 16, 2003
Beds
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, those look mint. I am definitely going to do this. I have the 170 so have the chrome trim already but my exeo is over a year old and they look a bit ropey. I have spent ages trying to clean them (with turps and Brasso). These look better anyway, a bit thicker.....mmmm

Last edited:

JezzaS

Jezza
Mar 16, 2012
Kent
Just make sure that you measure the diameter of your existing pipes. The 143 has 55mm pipes but I would expect the 170 to have a bigger diameter.

These Skoda trims I have fitted are for 55mm diameter.

johns_sp

I too am led to believe the 170ps has larger pipes (possibly 60mm) I'd definately check prior to any purchase

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
Hi all, I requested this exhaust trim for my birthday, but my son reports back that Skoda man says none in country (who has had them all?). Have ordered though, and I am prepared to wait for what I think is a nice looking bit of kit....Julian

JezzaS

Jezza
Mar 16, 2012
Kent
I ordered mine through Walkers of Kings Lynn and they only took a day to get to the dealership. They would have posted but I collected as I happened to be "nearby" on business.

I also found them at milotec.de/index.php?cat=c312_Auspuff.html - code No. 69 902 for 32.50 Euros for a single and therefore 65 Euros plus postage for the twin pipe set up. Also at superskoda.com/octavia-ii/exhaust/skoda-octavia-ii-2-0-tdi-exhaust-tip-stainless-steel-sport-edition-from-skoda-auto-a-s for 59.99 Euros plus postage.

Hope you get them soon and would like to know what you think once fitted. Some pics would be good too.

Last edited:

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
Hi all, I requested this exhaust trim for my birthday, but my son reports back that Skoda man says none in country (who has had them all?). Have ordered though, and I am prepared to wait for what I think is a nice looking bit of kit....Julian

Update is that the trims arrived last weekend, very impressed with quality and fitment and overall looks. Have posted some pics on photobucket.com/Exeo-ST. Thanks JezzaS for your recommendation...Julian

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.