Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Liquid Yellow LCR

well this has mainly been scattered across a thread in the mk1 section but since its pretty much finished i thought i might as well put it up here for the rest of you peeps to see;

Got an onvi LCR and since it was heavily faded,i decided on a respray and thanks to some advice from my man olaf, I went for the Renault Liquid Yellow.

well here it is faded before the respray;
faded1xq0.th.jpg

faded2qd9.th.jpg

all stripped down and ready for work;
a1307vp9.th.jpg

a1308bc5.th.jpg

this was taken in the garage under the fluorescent light,dont know what to make of it so far as it doesnt look like i expected;
3829613622a9639517018l.jpg

took these when i first seen it parked outside the garage ready to be picked up,looked a lot better in flesh as i could see it sparkle and the 3 tones (gold,orange and yellow) which is almost impossible to capture in pics.especially with a jittery camera out of excitement :redface:;
3829613622a9618162655l.jpg

3829613622a9618162710l.jpg

Last edited:

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
The first full (short) day with my baby;
3829613622a9628781133l.jpg

3829613622a9628781101l.jpg

3829613622a9628781167l.jpg

3829613622a9628781281l.jpg

3829613622a9628781332l.jpg

3829613622a9628781377l.jpg

there are a few niggles like the wing mirrors not having the black bits and the badges on the back being wrong,so il get that sorted out soon. probably going to debadge the back apart from the R which il leave on the right side.

il either get the rims machine face polished or get them done in anthracite grey.

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
thanks,yeah thats the orange part of the tones,the light wasnt shining on it so it was easier to get that part,on the front it was more yellowy on the bonnet and the gold can be seen sparkling between the two in the rare occasion of it being sunny here in scotland.

if i knew what i was doing with the camera work i might have got better pics but im a novice - point and snap lol

hughes86

Dec 3, 2007
manchester
looks cool mate, its hard to get the full affect with a camera as it is a sparkly finish like you said looks cool though!

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
really really cool, nice one faisal....
what are you doing with the mirrors?...i would do them black, and the wheels...i know that has been done to death...

or

grey mirror caps and anthracite wheels??....

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
I like it!

I'd prefer it if the mirror bases were not colour coded though! I'am personally not a great fan of dark tints - look a bit erm drive by :rifle: and an Escalade staple!

I think some satin/matt black rims on that would look mean!

DC

Last edited:

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
I like it!
I'am personally not a great fan of dark tints - look a bit erm drive by :rifle: and an Escalade staple!

the car came with the tints lol,iv just kept them on for the sake of it.

really really cool, nice one faisal....
what are you doing with the mirrors?...i would do them black, and the wheels...i know that has been done to death...

or

grey mirror caps and anthracite wheels??....

il do the holder black,pretty much the same thing as it was when it was onvi.some people suggested chrome or the FR style mirrors but i dont think it would look too good.

i was thinking the black rims but im not sure,darker would be cool.but since its more of a stand out colour i was thinking this one here;
(stolen pic!);
LCRWheel167.JPG

or

1713484472_7d5a413b26_d.jpg

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Faisal your car looks AMAZING! Am a fan of that colour anyway & it looks sweet on the Leon body, really suits it, good choice & well done!

I think the black would look good for the mirrors, in matt. Not everyone likes black wheels but I love 'em, it's what I want on my Platinum. But on yellow, black wheels look stunning. Get them done in matt though to match the mirrors if you do them, that could start a theme for your motor then - matt black details.

With such a vibrant, stand-out colour, matt black would look amazing without detracting from the Liquid - well that's what I think anyway, but what do I know mine's a boring grey :(!

Nice car matey! :D

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Very nice mate! Love the colour too!

thanx!

Faisal your car looks AMAZING! Am a fan of that colour anyway & it looks sweet on the Leon body, really suits it, good choice & well done!

I think the black would look good for the mirrors, in matt. Not everyone likes black wheels but I love 'em, it's what I want on my Platinum. But on yellow, black wheels look stunning. Get them done in matt though to match the mirrors if you do them, that could start a theme for your motor then - matt black details.

With such a vibrant, stand-out colour, matt black would look amazing without detracting from the Liquid - well that's what I think anyway, but what do I know mine's a boring grey :(!

Nice car matey! :D

thanks for the input mate, i realised that if i go for the matt black,i will have to make everything else matt black too,the grill etc...so that would end up hiking the price higher. at this point il focus on the performance side,then il go for changing the rims and adding some vinyls to the car...

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
well i finally got it looking like i originally seen it,so heres another excuse to spam some more pics in.

what i was looking at,
bex19thbday004.jpg

what i finally achieved,

the sun actually popped out for a split second so snapped up another pic - but i couldnt catch the sparkle that i keep going on about :(

and up against an old rival,
3829613622a9975195992l.jpg

got a mate to photoshop a cracker of a pic at a braehead meet in feb,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.