Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yup I noticed a bit of a difference. The engine doesn't move and there is zero cabin vibrations. I had a Polyflex DBM bush before and didn't like it, too much vibrations TBH. so others have liked this one but I didn't.
I more did it because I plan to have my car on the track alot this year.
I don't plan to be running silly power or torque.
You guys with big torque would deffinately benifit.
There are a few guys looking at upgrading there engine mounts just now. Issam of INA is very keen to work with the forum and will do a Group Buy if there is enough people interested (it sounds like there is enough already).
I'd stick a post up on his section and see if he can do them for the MK4 Ibiza and the MK1 Leon TDI. I would suggest going for the Street denstiy Engine and transmission mounts and Track density Dog Bone Mount. You will also need to buy Seat engine mount bolts which can be gotten from Seremotors at a good price with free delivery. these are an easy fit, I have done a guide and so has DPJ on fitting these, should take no more than 3 hours including tea breaks. If there is a few of you staying close you could all get together and do it then it would be much quicker

ballenapene

I dont think anyone does uprated mounts for the MK4 Ibiza TDi as of yet? However if there are some, I will have to let my mates know as they all drive TDi's

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I dont think anyone does uprated mounts for the MK4 Ibiza TDi as of yet? However if there are some, I will have to let my mates know as they all drive TDi's

Yeh too right - let me know too. ;)

Thanks for the useful advice Junior Senior! Certainly sounds a useful mod!

I'm not too sure that they do engine mounts for the Mk4 Ibiza either as I think Rashcupra went for an aftermarket engine steady to help keep his engine in place! :lol:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Rolling Roads
-----
Car rolling roaded today. Little bit of a mixed bag really. Got 223bhp and 360lb/ft and 220bhp and 370lb/ft.

Could be because I was showing what the car could do to strugers1 and the car was suffering from heatsoak. Anyway Shaun has promised me further remap tweaks so got to drop off the car this week for a day or two.

AmDMD376BT1.JPG

AmDMD376BT2.JPG

Question: Could that the dip in the graph be the diff?

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Do you have a Phenolic gasket fitted to your car.
These are very thick and a very good heat barrier between the head and the intake manifold, this might have helped you today.
not bad figure though.
What were you expecting?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Do you have a Phenolic gasket fitted to your car.
These are very thick and a very good heat barrier between the head and the intake manifold, this might have helped you today.
not bad figure though.
What were you expecting?
Dont think I have a phenolic gasket fitted. To be quite honest dont know what that is but will find out.

Yea the figures isn't "bad" by any means just not as good as the first RR I had 2-3 weeks ago. I was expecting the car to have adapted and given more as it feels like that on the road but RR didnt show it. As stated another map will be in development for it so hopefully I should see more tapped out of the bigger turbo. I am guessing the injectors will hold me back way before the turbo will as its rated to 240-60bhp.

the_fbi

'05 Fabia vRS
Jun 14, 2004
Northamptonshire
Is that the standard gearbox/ratio's in there?
28mph/1000rpm is really low for a diesel, its almost petrol-like.

Unless of course its in 5th, not 6th? (I'm presuming "gear selected: 6'" means its in 6th?).

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Is that the standard gearbox/ratio's in there?
28mph/1000rpm is really low for a diesel, its almost petrol-like.

Unless of course its in 5th, not 6th? (I'm presuming "gear selected: 6'" means its in 6th?).
As brad stated the test is run in 5th.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
fair play , took all day to read !!

some inspiration there,

my clutch is slipping a bit under load if planted , from low down, so am thinkin is it best to get a SMF converion done at the start and what was the sachs clutch you have?? - from AMD ???

i think i need the organic, and not sintered, but i do plan on hybrid down the line,

i am also thinking off the SFS kit , or just the important ones, for now,

right must get back to work now!!

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
fair lay , took all day to read !!

some inspiration there,

my clutch is slipping a bit under load if planted , from low down, so am thinkin is it best to get a SMF converion done at the start and what was the sachs clutch you have?? - from AMD ???

i think i need the organic, and not sintered, but i do plan on hybrid down the line,

i am also thinking off the SFS kit , or just the important ones, for now,

right must get back to wrok now!!
hehe long thread now hey :)

Dont go for Sintered it will drive like a dog on the road. If its a track day car then cool. Also I wouldn't go for single mass. On Diesels they are awful - my "judder" is not the DMF its the map that needs tweaking.

As for SFS I would go for Pipe no.4 and TIP.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
hehe long thread now hey :)

Dont go for Sintered it will drive like a dog on the road. If its a track day car then cool. Also I wouldn't go for single mass. On Diesels they are awful - my "judder" is not the DMF its the map that needs tweaking.

As for SFS I would go for Pipe no.4 and TIP.

thanks , will get the clutch sorted soon , i thought that the clutch wont last a great deal and if SMF was fitted only the clutch needed doing next time, where as DMF needed doing next time anyway , (or if dmf fitted if started to slip could i change the friction plate and catch it before destroying anything else ??)

as for the SFS is that all you have , ?

do you have the part numbers for them , i got sent a list from anthony decaux for all of them , so unsure which ones tali up to your suggestions

i also waiting for jabbasport to sort me out with a race pipe , once thats sorted i definatly need to get some pipework ordered

did you manage to sort something out with a led kit for the leon after ,

i notice yours has visor lights , dont recall mine having that is it just the newer ones i got me a 53 plate one

cheers & keep up the good work

andrew

Last edited:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Could that dip be the tyres on the RR? I know its a slim chance... its only, driving your car, we felt that "dip" in real time and put it down to the tyres not gripping, otherwise, the only thing i can think it could point too... but makes no sense is... "Clutch slip"?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
If the car was petrol, I'd be looking at the graph thinking the ecu was pulling back after it hit peak torque.....

His right you know...

Maybe its the power coming all at once from 2800rpm, maybe the numbers dont add up right for the ECU that low down, the map may need tweaking to smoothly put the power on...?

strugers1

i think its just the main spike of the turbo before it starts to really spool up for the rest of the rev range??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.