MK1 Leon FR TDI, Stealth Edition [PREPPING FOR SALE]

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Mate I am loving this car! Just read the whole thread and every mod is class, engine bay is looking fantastic as well. May have to steal ideas...:ban:

Cars booked in with awesome GTI on Wednesday for retro fit cruise control, Weitec GT coilovers, milltek non-res cat back exhaust and a cambelt and water pump change.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Fell back in love with this car again after the work it's had done.

Now running weitec coilovers so now its sitting rather low and hasn't really effect it's comfort level too much at all which iam really pleased about with improved handling but think iam gonna start seeing quicker tyre wear as my toyo proxies are grippy.

Running a turbo back non-res milltek system with decat has made the car more responsive, sounds much better outside and hear the spool through the exhaust without increasing any noise in the car while driving, backbox sits shorter and tighter to the rear bumper.

And cruise control is just plain freaky :eek: , go on the motorway and set it to 70mph and take your feet off the pedals and it just drives itself, slows it done or speeds it up on hills etc to keep it at the set speed. This feature which I'll only use on the motorway is gonna take some getting use to :lol:

Overall very happy.

Next phase will be to price up an uprated clutch with a stage 1 map to see me in the 200ish BHP area.

Phase 2 I'll start looking into hybrid turbos, stage 2 maps and other performance enhancements that are available to see me in the 250+ BHP area.

But before all that I need to get cracking on with the Porsche boxster brake conversion, which should see the fronts go from 288 to 325mm. Already got the carriers and custom brake hoses. Need to seek the calipers, then some discs and pads.

DSC02874.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Very nice mate! what are your plans for the back brakes then?

LCR rear brembo's i guess unless there's a better alternative.

Saw this today outside at Ultimate Dubs - Looking Smart
yes, the show was only 2 miles from me.
Was abit embarrassed tbh with so many nice looking cars and me having paint issues on o/s rear door and bonnet.

you enjoy the show ?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Got some Leon Cupra R rear brake calipers as there for bigger and vented discs, then the standard FR ones.

In a right state so need to sand them all down, paint them and check all the pistons, bleed valves and rubber boots. Iam not using the discs and pads they come with. Going with new EBC ultimax discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads

DSC03082.jpg

DSC03084.jpg

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
Nice update mate. I got my 256mm rear upgrade from a Octavia VRS. Just a heads up you'll need the brake disk guards of a LCR too to help complete the upgrade and make it all look neat and tidy down there... I didn't do the latter and had to have my original Solid disks brake guards 'lip' grinded right off so the new vented disks would not catch.

Liam.

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
Got some Leon Cupra R rear brake calipers as there for bigger and vented discs, then the standard FR ones.

In a right state so need to sand them all down, paint them and check all the pistons, bleed valves and rubber boots. Iam not using the discs and pads they come with. Going with new EBC ultimax discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads

DSC03082.jpg

DSC03084.jpg

i want some :cry:

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
ok fitted my SFS intercooler and pancake pipes over the last few days.

The pancake pipe is bigger then the original which meant refitting the o/s splash guard that fits to the under tray near on impossible, but ive modded it to fit, as its all too close to one of the cambelt pulleys.

Its given me a right headache to do cause ive been getting boost leaks all over the place and ive put it down to the difference in O-Rings. I think for £250 its a joke that SFS dont include or put on the o-rings in the first place.

In the end ive used the green grooved o-rings from my old hoses and that seems to of fixed the leaking issues and the black round o-rings dont work at all. now less smoke boosting to 25 psi instead of 29.1 (TDI)

DSC03087.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

DSC03092.jpg

DSC03093.jpg

DSC03098.jpg

DSC03099.jpg

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
treated myself to this today

Karcher K2 1.20 1300w Pressure washer, on sale at Argos for £67.99, buy one get one free at Halfords on the Autoglym pressure washer fluid at £12.49, and got the Karcher 0.3L bottle adapter for snow foam effect.
not bad all in for less then £100.

Car also gets the luxury of a garage for 2 days while the puntos away.

DSC03107.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.