diesel particulate filter problems

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I was planning to get a Leon FR TDi CR in around 6 months but this thread has put me off a bit. :-(

I'm I correct in thinking the DPF issues are mainly with the PD engines?

Has anyone with a CR engine had any problems?

My drive to work is approx 20 miles and is a mixture of A Roads and Motorway (around 10 mins on Motorway).

I never had any problems with my CR's dpf for about 2000miles, then it just seemed to disappear in a cloud of black smoke ;)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Dev, I have the same problem but I don't think it's DPF related. My DPF is now clean and I still have that fault. I am currently checking a few things out and will let you know once I solve it.

Ah right, I've always assumed DPF related. The only other thing I could think of was EGR but I'm led to believe that in most cases, that throws up a fault code?

Bruce1

From experiences I have found posted on this site I see the stutter problem at around 3K revs suggest checking MAF/MAP sensors, leaky boost hoses and blocked fuel filter.

Of course, there is the possibility I am wrong and it is indeed DPF related but it is not a related fault I have found through my searching.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I've had a new MAF and new fuel filter.

When my car is doing it, at standstill the car idles very rough, but not at the usual 1k revs, still at 750. You can feel the exhaust spluttering then all of a sudden it will go fine! I've had it do it though, checked the DPF level and it's been below 20%.

Bruce1

Thanks Dev. Sounds exactly the same problem as mine. I will be putting these questions to the Service Centre hopefully tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

MonkeyLover

Hi
Got the same issue and thought that it was dpf, really p***ing me off! Would like to know how you get on!! Thanks

steroidchris

Feb 14, 2011
Brierley Hill
Mine does exactly the same when doing a regen. However, the other day it felt like it was doing a regen but when I came to a standstill, the revs were at 750 but still felt like a regen.
I spent a while at the in laws then went home and it was doing exactly the same, I had to go back there again, half an hour or so later and the car was doing a regen at 1000rpm?? It went fine after about 10mins. I wish I knew how it all works??

tonyd/leeds

tony

Ha.... just bought a Leon fr tdi 170 2007 had it 3 week due back into
Garage for 3rd time next week.... can u regenerate it yourself???? Or
Should I just get the filter removed and remained???? I also heated
You can bang a hole in the filter n it stops the clogging... unfortunately the
Car does not do many miles but since when did purchasing a car you like
Dictate how and where you drive???? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

burtstroker

Nov 30, 2010
@tonyd, if the dpf light comes on, give the car a good run 10/15 miles in 3rd/4th gear, keeping the revs around 3000, that should clear it. If you don't regenerate it yourself the car will go into limp mode (flashing glow plugs lights) If this happens and it probably will, buy yourself vcds and cable off Gumtree or ebay £30, then you can do a manual re-generation using the software. Save yourself some cash.

Deleted member 74601

@tonyd, if the dpf light comes on, give the car a good run 10/15 miles in 3rd/4th gear, keeping the revs around 2000 or above, that should clear it. If you don't regenerate it yourself the car will go into limp mode (flashing glow plugs lights) If this happens and it probably will, buy yourself vcds and cable off Gumtree or ebay £30, then you can do a manual re-generation using the software. Save yourself some cash.

Corrected for you ;)

clappy89

DPF Seat leon fr

I need help! i went on holiday for a few days came back and the dpf light came on... had to make a 130 mile drive to work which i though i could easily clear it out while driving as i had done before on other cars before... during the drive both the engine light and the emissions light came on.. it entered limp mode and i managed to complete the journey and have it booked it at a garage... any ideas what it could be???

clappy89

57 plate just done 70k... ive only had it a couple of weeks... how much is a regen? got a few months warranty

clappy89

actually i just double checked the dpf is solid.. the engine is flashing and the emissions is solid

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
im still going for the dpf being full, I think it cost me £100 last time, was a while ago, but blag it under warranty, your most likely to get them telling you its not covered but keep moaning and they'll do it for free eventually

1kevintaper

Sep 13, 2012
Inverness scotland
just seen all this dpf issues, and touch woood lucky ive not seen any in my supercopa, done 4300 miles so far, ive seen people say on here you can see how much percentage youre dpf is full?????, how can you see this thanks?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.