My Bagged CupraR, Centrelocks + Huge Brakes

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Nice fmic install there mate. I'll be doing this in April.... What fmic is that is it a welly cooler or one from beach buggy turbos or w.e it's called? Bill said something about the 2.5" coolers f them as opposed to 2.1/4" from toyo?

I can't work out wether the silicone pipe from the fmic to the 90 degree metal pipe n/s is a reducer, looks like it from the picture? Could you do a list of the silicone and metal pipe work please, I want to have it waiting for me when I'm at home! Looks really good by the way, I wanted to do a stealth cooler on mine and a big mouth grill but I don't think I will now after seeing this. Josh.

Sent from my iPhone

Josh/Adam, hope you dont mind me highjacking the thread but these are the items that I used and gives a very similar setup to Adam's (obviously 2.25" as apposed to 2.5"). I'm able to run 80mm twin air feeds through my fogs.

4 x 90 degree silicone hoses (64mm/2.25")
2 x 45 degree silicone hoses (64mm/2.25")
7 x 64mm/2.25" s/s couplers which have a beaded edge
Hose Clamps- I used 60-80 mm forged steel clamps
1 x Forge MAP Sensor pipe (optional)

Hope this helps? If not, sorry :)

I used ..

Throttle body side.
2x45deg silicon 63mm
1x samco 63mm joiner
1x Forge long 63mm MAP Sensor tube.
1x 90 silicone 63mm
1x 90 alloy beaded 63mm
1x76-63 45degree silicone

Charge pipe side.
2x90 silicone 63mm
1x45degree alloy beaded 63mm
1x90 alloy 63mm
1x76-63 silicone straight reducer

That's everything I used and includes the top boost hoses.

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I ordered a glass rear wiper blanking plate from Venom today, hopefully be here during the week so I can fit at the weekend.

In other news.. I have some monster front brakes ;)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Good job on the FMIC install dude, looks the SH*T!

Where you getting your Trackslag charge pipe from? [B)]

Cheers.

I'm ordering it from the trackslag website, was going to order it today but I've bought a couple of tyres and some paint for my new wheels instead.

My glass wiper bung turned up smashed :( but venom have been good and are sending me a new one out, bit of a pain as I had already stripped the wiper off so now it has a rubber grommet instead ... Actually looks pretty good for a 99p mod.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Car looks good adam. Love a platinum grey LCR

I nearly bought this exact car 2 years ago from Vauxhall Dealer in Norwich but deal fell through as was trading a Cooper S in that decided to do a head gasket the day before i was taking it in. I work at same place the lad who sold it too you.

I also am very good friends with the 2 people who owned your blue leon after you. Was a quick and nice car mate. Colour is awesome as never see many around in that

Im hoping to buy a platinum grey LCR in next couple of months as need 5 doors with a little one aswell so it didn't take me long to decide a LCR was my first choice :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Car looks good adam. Love a platinum grey LCR

I nearly bought this exact car 2 years ago from Vauxhall Dealer in Norwich but deal fell through as was trading a Cooper S in that decided to do a head gasket the day before i was taking it in. I work at same place the lad who sold it too you.

I also am very good friends with the 2 people who owned your blue leon after you. Was a quick and nice car mate. Colour is awesome as never see many around in that

Im hoping to buy a platinum grey LCR in next couple of months as need 5 doors with a little one aswell so it didn't take me long to decide a LCR was my first choice :)

You work with Jake? I took this in part exchange for my BM that he now has.

I take it your on about Rick/Jodie and drift king Kirt? I think a lad from Yarmouth/Lowe way has it now?

Actually I think I know who you are, you came to ace cafe with us with Edd, Trusy etc in your mini I think? we met angel car park?

SeanH.

VAG *****
May 27, 2012
Dublin
Cheers.

I'm ordering it from the trackslag website, was going to order it today but I've bought a couple of tyres and some paint for my new wheels instead.

Does it make much of a difference power wise seeing as its hardpipe all the way and replaces the silicone boost pipe? Was thinking about adding it onto the TO DO list :whistle:

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
You work with Jake? I took this in part exchange for my BM that he now has.

I take it your on about Rick/Jodie and drift king Kirt? I think a lad from Yarmouth/Lowe way has it now?

Actually I think I know who you are, you came to ace cafe with us with Edd, Trusy etc in your mini I think? we met angel car park?

Yes mate im best mates with Rick and i know car killer kirt. He got a 335i now.

Yea i came with you all to ace cafe in it mate.

Yea i believe kirt told me he sold it to a bloke in yarmouth.

I work at Sizewell mate but not in same dept as jake.

I see your BMW in car park everyday now.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Does it make much of a difference power wise seeing as its hardpipe all the way and replaces the silicone boost pipe? Was thinking about adding it onto the TO DO list :whistle:

I have no idea but my 2.5" boost pipe looks crap going onto the standard one so I'm getting one :cartman: can't really hurt can it?
It still has a silicone joiner it's just straight and not angled like standard.

Yes mate im best mates with Rick and i know car killer kirt. He got a 335i now.

Yeah, hence me calling him 'drift king' after his recent incident near mine :cartman:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Got some genuine golf aero flat wipers today from a golf, going to give them a coat of paint and fit at weekend.

These are the tyres I've gone for, ordered 2 for the front, not decided what to put on the rear yet.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Glass wiper blank fitted

Golf aero wiper arms and blades after a coat of plasticoat, passengers blade needed cutting down but got there in the end

This is the colour my new wheels are going.

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
Car is looking better every time I see this thread. Nice work. Love the brakes.
With the glass wiper blank, what size is it? Also looking forward to seeing the wheel reveal.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Car is looking better every time I see this thread. Nice work. Love the brakes.
With the glass wiper blank, what size is it? Also looking forward to seeing the wheel reveal.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers, it's the speedtec blank from venom Motorsport,there about £20 delivered on their eBay page.

I'm trying to reveal the front brakes and wheels together as in my opinion there a little bit special.

I've spoken to Niki at R Tec who is going to stage 2 map the car, hopefully be before the summer depending on other costs.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.