Carista app - Android

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Has anyone been able to have any lights as DRL's without their sidelights and tail lights being on at the same time ? No matter which ones I select my tail lights are on at the same time , may aswell just turm my lights on in that case.
Have already emailed the developer and they asked me to send them a debug report , which I did and never heard since.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ok, so my Carista dongle arrived and I've enabled needle swipe on startup and Australian settings:

Speedo_zpsodxswq7d.jpg

Just a warning... I also wanted to use Torque. But after purchasing the app from the apple store I realised that Torque only works on Android with Caristas own adapter. So I've had to refund the app on iphone and I now need to get a cheap android tablet and rebuy it.

Last edited:

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Ok, so my Carista dongle arrived and I've enabled needle swipe on startup and Australian settings:

Speedo_zpsodxswq7d.jpg

Just a warning... I also wanted to use Torque. But after purchasing the app from the apple store I realised that Torque only works on Android with Caristas own adapter. So I've had to refund the app on iphone and I now need to get a cheap android tablet and rebuy it.

How did you get it to display your speed in the large area ? Mine only shows between the lines with like my MPG in the large area :confused:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
How did you get it to display your speed in the large area ? Mine only shows between the lines with like my MPG in the large area :confused:

In the MFD options where you tick what items you want like Average MPG, etc. A new option appeared on mine that said "Show Alt Speed" or summat like that. You have to untick that. Then tick an option called "Display speed".

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Been looking at this carista on android down loaded the app on phone then relised had to get the adaptor £25 is that right

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
In the MFD options where you tick what items you want like Average MPG, etc. A new option appeared on mine that said "Show Alt Speed" or summat like that. You have to untick that. Then tick an option called "Display speed".

I did see that but no joy. Though my speed is still in Kph so I maybe need to re try the Australian change.

I thought that the big display was already an option but I see it's part of the Australia settings going by that other forum.

edit: had to pick American region, then digital MPH gets added to the MFD options.

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I did see that but no joy. Though my speed is still in Kph so I maybe need to re try the Australian change.

I thought that the big display was already an option but I see it's part of the Australia settings going by that other forum.

edit: had to pick American region, then digital MPH gets added to the MFD options.

Weird, I got it with Australian. But the digital mph didn't appear until I unticked show alt speed.

Digital_zpsm8l3uxrr.jpg

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Weird, I got it with Australian. But the digital mph didn't appear until I unticked show alt speed.

Digital_zpsm8l3uxrr.jpg

I tried a few times , and allough the setting def changed (Average mileage etc changed to km per 1000 or something weird ) the option for digital speedo would only come up when on American and that alternative box ticked/Un ticked.
Done now anyway , don't even think I'll pay much attention to it but it's nice to have !

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I tried a few times , and allough the setting def changed (Average mileage etc changed to km per 1000 or something weird ) the option for digital speedo would only come up when on American and that alternative box ticked/Un ticked.
Done now anyway , don't even think I'll pay much attention to it but it's nice to have !

Errr, have you tried your lights yet? My driving lights now seem to be headlights and sidelights on dim instead of sidelights only on bright (from what I can tell). Thats on the auto setting.

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Errr, have you tried your lights yet? My driving lights now seem to be headlights and sidelights on dim instead of sidelights only on bright (from what I can tell). Thats on the auto setting.

Didn't seem any different to normal , I don't have led or anything , just auto headlights and cornering fogs.

have my sidelights set as DRL'S which worked but it brings my tail lights on too (so may aswell just turn them on manually )

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
I set up the large mph speedo on mine via vcds about a year ago and it is the screen that I keep on whilst driving. I find it much better than looking at the original speedo.

yeungcsm

Apr 22, 2015
just bought the obd scanner, followed a link on this thread, having trouble to connect it on my phone, tried pin code 1234 seems to be able to pair, but not connected

SeatJay

Jul 25, 2015
That is strange, I have a cheap dongle that is perfect with Torque and seems to work fine with the free Carista App, but have not yet tried the paid version. Funny how it works with the free bit though....

Can you open the customise menu at all? Mine allows me to see all the changes I could make, just nit save them.

Hi Mike, Do you have a link to the cheap one you bought?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I have a cheapo chinese dongle that connects and reads faults but doesnt work with the customising side of Carista. Dongles sold as v1.5 or v2.1 are apparently unsuitable for carista.

yeungcsm

Apr 22, 2015
I got it pair but not connected which is weird so it doesn't give me any information

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The new Media player on the Facelift Toledo/Rapid makes all this unnecessary - all of these settings can be accessed through your factory satnav/radio.

Sadly I have a '14 model not a '16, so I've finally paid for Carista and changed everything - just because I can.

Redgie

Mar 21, 2013
I've just ran a test using Torque and one other app, both of which say there are no faults. Then I run Carista and it says there are no OBD2 faults found, but then continues to list "codes" relating to the ABS, three of the four doors, and numerous other things. Are these fault codes? And if so, why are they listed separately? I can't view them unless I buy the full app, but I don't want to spend £15 just to find out that they aren't faults...

Also, the car beeps (and a couple of lights on the dash flash) when Carista connects, whereas when Torque and other apps connect the car does nothing (except light up the ODB2 connector), anybody else notice this?

TBk6KeX.png

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.