Phillips1795

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Thanks for the info on this but for some reason I cannot find that option in the drop down menu in VCDS 16.8. Can anyone point me in the correct direction please?

I have a 2016 Leon FR

Try this;_

Select 09 (Central Elect)

Select 16 (Authorization)

Enter Unlock Code 31347

Select 10 (Adaptation)

Choose (22) Access Control 2 Radio(Funk) Spiegelanklappung Mode.
(I have a feeling when I did mine it wasn't under (22) I think I had to scroll
down to find the description under a different number).

Change options as below,

Stored value = by convenience operation via remote control key.

New value = by look?(think this is meant to say lock) command via remote control key.

Then Do it!

Garreh

May 17, 2009
Wolverhampton
Try this;_

Select 09 (Central Elect)

Select 16 (Authorization)

Enter Unlock Code 31347

Select 10 (Adaptation)

Choose (22) Access Control 2 Radio(Funk) Spiegelanklappung Mode.
(I have a feeling when I did mine it wasn't under (22) I think I had to scroll
down to find the description under a different number).

Change options as below,

Stored value = by convenience operation via remote control key.

New value = by look?(think this is meant to say lock) command via remote control key.

Then Do it!

Thanks for that however, VCDS 16.8 doesn't show the actual channel numbers in the adaption section so not sure what it is! :(

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Thanks for that however, VCDS 16.8 doesn't show the actual channel numbers in the adaption section so not sure what it is! :(

Must admit I haven't looked at doing any adaptations since I had 15.7 (I think it was).
I'm now on 17.1.3 but won't be home until Monday when I will try to have a look.

Garreh

May 17, 2009
Wolverhampton
Must admit I haven't looked at doing any adaptations since I had 15.7 (I think it was).
I'm now on 17.1.3 but won't be home until Monday when I will try to have a look.

OK thank you.

Well I've now got VCDS 15.7 and 12.12 so hopefully they will work - I have a genuine Rosstech Cable

Didn't want to upgrade to 17 yet just in case

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
OK thank you.

Well I've now got VCDS 15.7 and 12.12 so hopefully they will work - I have a genuine Rosstech Cable

Didn't want to upgrade to 17 yet just in case

I think once you update from certain versions you cannot go back as it does something to the firmware in the cable interface.

You could try scrolling down in the Adaptations and look for 'Access Control 2 Radio(Funk) Spiegelanklappung Mode.' which is what I did when I found it wasn't under '22'.

Garreh

May 17, 2009
Wolverhampton
I think once you update from certain versions you cannot go back as it does something to the firmware in the cable interface.

You could try scrolling down in the Adaptations and look for 'Access Control 2 Radio(Funk) Spiegelanklappung Mode.' which is what I did when I found it wasn't under '22'.

You're right, I cant get the interface to detect the car below 16.8... Thanks for the heads up

Garreh

May 17, 2009
Wolverhampton
OK I ** think ** I've found the setting but it just comes up ERROR: Channel not available
Please see screenshot below

YtsJd1l.jpg

Dgb87

Mar 4, 2017
I turned on the mirror folding option with the lock signal rather than having the press and hold the lock button I found the access code does time out. Try going back out the control unit, re enter the access code and try the adaption again with out spending ages looking for the correct adaption channel like I was having to when I had that issue.

May not be of any help but sometimes it the simple things

Garreh

May 17, 2009
Wolverhampton
I turned on the mirror folding option with the lock signal rather than having the press and hold the lock button I found the access code does time out. Try going back out the control unit, re enter the access code and try the adaption again with out spending ages looking for the correct adaption channel like I was having to when I had that issue.

May not be of any help but sometimes it the simple things

Thanks for the info - I'll give it a shot.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
OK I ** think ** I've found the setting but it just comes up ERROR: Channel not available
Please see screenshot below

YtsJd1l.jpg

Right had a look today, I think you might be on the wrong line.
I'm using VCDS 17.1.3, I had to scroll down just before the halfway point in the '09 Cent Elect, UDS Adaptations' to a line,-
IDE08542-ENG116665-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus
You may not have the IDE number at the start of the line if you are using earlier VCDS.
I found the line by looking at the descriptions rather than a search.
Beware there may be other lines with very similar wording!

Last edited:

Garreh

May 17, 2009
Wolverhampton
Right had a look today, I think you might be on the wrong line.
I'm using VCDS 17.1.3, I had to scroll down just before the halfway point in the '09 Cent Elect, UDS Adaptations' to a line,-
IDE08542-ENG116665-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus
You may not have the IDE number at the start of the line if you are using earlier VCDS.
I found the line by looking at the descriptions rather than a search.
Beware there may be other lines with very similar wording!

Awesome thank you!
I'll give that a try now bare with!

Garreh

May 17, 2009
Wolverhampton
Awesome thank you!
I'll give that a try now bare with!

Tried that, still having issues.

I'm borrowing another genuine Ross-Tech cable from a friend this weekend so I'll let you know how I get on. If it works with his, i'll look at getting mine sorted with Ross-Tech.

Dgb87

Mar 4, 2017
Auto lights always on after 5pm?

Hi again people.

Does anybody's auto lights (with tech pack) always come on at 5pm regardless of bright the sun is shining? The rest of the time the auto lights come on and go off as your expect but after 5 they stay on constantly even on the brightest of days?

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
Hi again people.

Does anybody's auto lights (with tech pack) always come on at 5pm regardless of bright the sun is shining? The rest of the time the auto lights come on and go off as your expect but after 5 they stay on constantly even on the brightest of days?

The car is also comparing the 'front' light to the 'back' light so that's why it happens.

Happymac16

Mar 28, 2017
Portskerra, Highlands
After hunting around i managed to find my VCDS cable that i had for my old old Leon.

It has number 11.11 on the front and i wanted to know if that would work with my 63 plate Mk3 FR?

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
It has number 11.11 on the front and i wanted to know if that would work with my 63 plate Mk3 FR?

No, not a chance. The number on the cable is the hacked version of the VCDS software that your Chinese counterfeit cable will work with. The first part of the version number is the software release month, and the second part of the version number is the software release year. So software from November 2011 which is before the Mk3 cars were even on the road is not going to work with a 2013 car because when that version of the software was written, nothing was known about the new modules in the Mk3 cars so there will be none of the required label and ROD files that version of the software.

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Is the vcds hex-usb can working properly on MY16 & 17 Leons?

I read on the Gendan rosstech sites that due to change to the MQB platform some components dont work properly, just want to know which if any are not accesible.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members