mk5 front bumper removal??

Deleted member 62899

that was cool ,
but I would have made sure the lights worked before putting bumper back on :rofl:

Deleted member 62899

your eyes are playing tricks.
forgot to mention - the car in video has Winter tyres on :p

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Did this last night to change my headlights - 30 mins in total start to finish.

Place carpet or old quilt on floor in front of car

Remove 4 x TX25 screws under each wheel arch

remove 6 x TX25 screws under the bumper ( take out the ones in the recess and the ones on the tabs cos it saves you from having to remove the undertray )

Remove 4 x plastic rivet in the slam panel at the top.

Unclip the two side panels and move bumper away from car and place on quilt/carpet

Reach in and unplug fog lights.

Assembly is reverse of above.

Aug 3, 2011
Big old bump but will the process of removing bumper be hampered by the xexon light washers?.

Thinking to set up an intercooler spray will need bumper off.

Cheers

Jay

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Big old bump but will the process of removing bumper be hampered by the xexon light washers?.

Thinking to set up an intercooler spray will need bumper off.

Cheers

Jay

Should only be a couple of hoses and a couple of wires extra to undo.

otherwise I would expect it to be the same job.

goelectric

Apr 8, 2017
How to get the bumper off in 5 minutes

Is there a guide anywhere on here where it shows how to remove the front bumper on mk5 ibiza? :blink: thanks
This video showed me how to do it (even though it was in German) and gave me confidence to attempt it myself. Bumper off in 5 minutes, horn replaced and back on in another 5 minutes!

youtubedotcom/watch?v=1jRJyum3jQk&translated=1

The black plastic lugs that you need to pull up in the engine compartment were not easy - although it looked so on the video. The point of turning them is just to raise the cap a little bit so you can get a screw driver under the cap to lever the pin up higher (turning them does not undo anything - they are just a push fit). I was worried I might break them - so I used long nose pliers to lever them up after I had lifted them a little bit. Hope that helps someone else.

Last edited:

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Yeah I was looking at this as might need to take a head light off for cleaning as it has xenons

On my mk5 cupra face lift. But in wasn't sure how you take the head light

washer cover off without damaging the paint on it. And info on that part

would be nice :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members