Which version of OBDeleven is needed?

teamspb

Dec 17, 2019
Hey all,

A new Leon owner here! I have seen ODBeleven threads here and wondered what version is the one to get? I see a normal version for around £40, then there are pro versions etc too...whats the differences? I guess what I want to use it for is change the coding to activate/deactivate things, use it as a OBD code reader, not interested in using it for a gauge readout or anything like that...Not sure if it makes any difference but ill be using an iPhone to use the app

Things I would like to adjust are along the lines of

Auto dipping side mirror when in reverse
See if I can enable display of car parking sensors when in reverse
Auto folding mirrors etc

Thank you for any help

noidea

Aug 5, 2019
You need the Pro version if you want to change coding. Or else it's just a OBDII reader.

Reactions: teamspb

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah ok understood, so basically the £120 option or something

I'd make sure that they have fully launched the IOS capability first as it sounds like you are an iPhone user, OBDEleven was launched initially as Android only which was why I just grabbed Carista as a scan tool.

Robster83

Feb 27, 2019
Gothenburg Sweden
The old version only works with android, and the new version that supports ios in under development.
I think you can do the things that you want with the normal (non pro) version, but you need to "pay" with credits. Please note the word "think".

noidea

Aug 5, 2019
The old version only works with android, and the new version that supports ios in under development.
I think you can do the things that you want with the normal (non pro) version, but you need to "pay" with credits. Please note the word "think".

Nope only with the Pro version you can change coding, you don't need credits for that though. You only need the credits for the "apps", it's just a one click method for the coding, instead of changing some numbers.

teamspb

Dec 17, 2019
Yeah thats the other bit I didnt understand....the credits? What are they for?

noidea

Aug 5, 2019
Yeah thats the other bit I didnt understand....the credits? What are they for?

For instance if you want to disable your auto start/stop you have to do this in the app:
Disable Start / Stop
Module 19
Adaptation
Find: Start Stop Voltage Limit
Change to 12.0 ( Default value 7.6 )

If you use an app (Disable Start/Stop) you can do that adjustment with 1 click, which cost credits.
So it's just a convenience thing.

Reactions: Butty

teamspb

Dec 17, 2019
Ah ok understood...

So, I have found these models

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-...ven&qid=1576671737&sprefix=obd,aps,145&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-...ven&qid=1576671737&sprefix=obd,aps,145&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-...ven&qid=1576671737&sprefix=obd,aps,145&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-...ven&qid=1576671737&sprefix=obd,aps,145&sr=8-5

My requirements are IOS support (if I cant get it then ill have to buy an android device of some sort), and be able to change coding to enable things like mirror dip when in reverse, addition or heated windscreen washer jets, auto folding mirrors on lock etc. So looks like I need the £119.99 option?

noidea

Aug 5, 2019
Yes the £119.99 option, the first link you have is the old version which won't work on IOS.

Reactions: teamspb

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I'm looking at one of these things too. So as long as it says OBD11 Pro it'll work with my android phone and let me change stuff?

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I'm looking at one of these things too. So as long as it says OBD11 Pro it'll work with my android phone and let me change stuff?
Yes.
Get the adaptor from their website and the Pro app unlock key then download it from the play store.

Make sure you go on the app everyday as you get 1 free credit and they soon add up.

6e67ee3d9addc3a1e4b2c6d395ed8b3d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

teamspb

Dec 17, 2019
Yes.
Get the adaptor from their website and the Pro app unlock key then download it from the play store.

Make sure you go on the app everyday as you get 1 free credit and they soon add up.

6e67ee3d9addc3a1e4b2c6d395ed8b3d.jpg

How quickly do the credits get used up? IE with 200credits, how many things can you do with it?

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
How quickly do the credits get used up? IE with 200credits, how many things can you do with it?
Depends on what you want to do. The most expensive app (shortcut) is 100 credits.

I've only used 30 for Scandinavian DRLs because I couldn't be bothered to code them myself.

With the Pro version you can do all the changes and long coding yourself, 99% of which is on a thread on the OBDeleven forums. So you don't actually need credits

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Depends on what you want to do. The most expensive app (shortcut) is 100 credits.

I've only used 30 for Scandinavian DRLs because I couldn't be bothered to code them myself.

With the Pro version you can do all the changes and long coding yourself, 99% of which is on a thread on the OBDeleven forums. So you don't actually need credits

That is fair enough and explains how the credits/apps work together, as a VCDS user I make changes manually, though once used Carista to make a change that I had not known how it do it manually.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise