How to update maps to newer version (Seat Leon 1.6TDI 2016 - Estate)

Jan 20, 2024
I recently purchased a Seat Leon ST 1.6 TDI 2016 in the UK. While everything works well, the navigation maps are rly outdated. I tried updating them by downloading a map pack for Europe from the SEAT website. However, my car, being a 2016 model, is not supported by SEAT for updates. Only for cars beyond 2018 (picture)

r/seat - How to update maps to newer version (Seat Leon 1.6TDI 2016 - Estate)

What i still did was, I backed up the original SD card that came with my car and attempted to install the new map onto it. Unfortunately, my car didn't recognize the updated map, even though I placed it in the root directory of the SD card (in a folder named "maps") as it was with the previous map that worked (old).

Here are the details from my MIB2 Unit:

Serial Number: 5QA035858

Hardware: H24

Software: 0245

Navigation Database: N/A

Media Codec: 2101.0.0.10

Installed Software Versions:

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0245T

HMI Software: H25.14.78_STD2Nav_EU

Model: GuideModel_25.14.37

Software Base: H25.14.78-201507211616

Version Information: 6P0919866D 0521 ECE 2016

My question is whether I need to update the firmware to the latest version (which is the latest version for my car?) before attempting to download the United Kingdom map from the SEAT website?

I found a YouTube video showing how to update the firmware and he shares a link that had several options, including:

Firmware (i each file was roughly 3GB)

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0516T

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0480T

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0479T

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0369T

MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T

Maps

MST2_MapDB_CHN_1520_2022.7Z (16.8GB)

MST2_NAR_V11_MAP_LATE_2021_5NA919866BF.7Z (14.2GB)

Would updating the firmware and selecting the appropriate map version be a solution to my issue?

Would anyone be so kind to help me?

Thank you so much

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
This may be of help,
You should be able to do it without updating the firmware. Do not try to update beyond MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T anyway!! You need the maps for MIB2 standard unit.

Reactions: Tell
Jan 20, 2024
this last link doest work. would anyone know where we can download the latest maps for MIB2 standard?

Jan 20, 2024
would this file that is on Seat website be the right one? I am also unsure if the 16.58GB will fit in the original SD card that my car..
1705913803499.png

Newt182

Jan 2, 2024
would this file that is on Seat website be the right one? I am also unsure if the 16.58GB will fit in the original SD card that my car..
View attachment 40290
I downloaded that file at first for my 2016 plate, but then I realised it was the wrong one and downloaded about a 3GB file.

i should replace the overall.nds file after copying this maps to my SD Card, right?
Correct

Reactions: pedronery

Tell

Staff member
There is a resource that covers all the fixes for mib2 standard and high:

Based on the long running mib2 navigation thread under the discussions tab:

In the resource I've linked to the latest maps. Yours is a mib2 standard, last maps released were June 2023. Mib2 high maps for November 2023 are available. It would seem the June 2023 maps may be the final release.

If you want to get TMC working details are in the resource. The Vag provider pulled out but you can get Inrix the other provider in the UK.

Mr Fixit and all that is a bit dangerous in that you don't get a help discussion board. They get YouTube income from clicks but not offering solutions. It's what they do, read boards and make a YouTube video for income.

There is a firmware thread for mib2 standard and high here.

Like the navigation thread that has gone through the twists and turns of firmware update. As @Walone said for mib2 standard you can't jump trains for mib2 standard. You are on 2*. Basically they had a new train for the 5 of so years that mib2 standard covered. Bug fixes are within train. Mib2 high is more forgiving for jumping trains. 1447AIO is the enthusiasts modded final release of the mib2 high software. They learnt how to update elements of it.

There are mib2 tools kits but like the mib2 standard they are limited. Yet to find anyone with good experience of the Seat offering. On the other hand the mib2 high tool kit is more universal. Two of them at the last count. The TMC mib2 standard mod was initially done on Skoda firmware where experience existed then passed over to a programmer that reprogrammed it to make it available across the mib2 standard units without the use of a toolbox. TMC on a mib2 high for Inrix is just done via VCDS / Obdeleven coding.

Reactions: Walone
Jan 20, 2024
There is a resource that covers all the fixes for mib2 standard and high:

Based on the long running mib2 navigation thread under the discussions tab:

In the resource I've linked to the latest maps. Yours is a mib2 standard, last maps released were June 2023. Mib2 high maps for November 2023 are available. It would seem the June 2023 maps may be the final release.

If you want to get TMC working details are in the resource. The Vag provider pulled out but you can get Inrix the other provider in the UK.

Mr Fixit and all that is a bit dangerous in that you don't get a help discussion board. They get YouTube income from clicks but not offering solutions. It's what they do, read boards and make a YouTube video for income.

There is a firmware thread for mib2 standard and high here.

Like the navigation thread that has gone through the twists and turns of firmware update. As @Walone said for mib2 standard you can't jump trains for mib2 standard. You are on 2*. Basically they had a new train for the 5 of so years that mib2 standard covered. Bug fixes are within train. Mib2 high is more forgiving for jumping trains. 1447AIO is the enthusiasts modded final release of the mib2 high software. They learnt how to update elements of it.

There are mib2 tools kits but like the mib2 standard they are limited. Yet to find anyone with good experience of the Seat offering. On the other hand the mib2 high tool kit is more universal. Two of them at the last count. The TMC mib2 standard mod was initially done on Skoda firmware where experience existed then passed over to a programmer that reprogrammed it to make it available across the mib2 standard units without the use of a toolbox. TMC on a mib2 high for Inrix is just done via VCDS / Obdeleven coding.
I got it sorted. Thanks

Reactions: Tell