gauges

blackcupra51

haha Ringsell!!! how is your dads car :p jokes...

i had race with gareths S3 last night.. haha not far off.. your next lol!!

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
Hi m8, the below is from a post i did a while ago. It describes how to "wire" the gauge, then all you need to do is "plumb" it into your DV vac hose.

Please Note: the information below is for the Autogauge "gradational" series, 7 colour change). They can be purchased from most Halfords stores, for approximately £20-£25. The gauges come with the necessary parts to fit them and make them work (i.e. t-piece and piping for boost guage, and temp. sender for oil temp).
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...rentcategoryrn_70561_crumb__topcategory_70561

As for the wiring...see pics below-

The gauge has the wires below:
Black - earth
Purple - turns on illumination for the needle
Orange - turns on illumination for the dial numbers
Yellow - memory wire to remember what colour you chose

(note: the dial numbers will only illuminate if both the orange and yellow wires are connected...orange alone will not do anything).

So as per the pics below-
Yellow wire to red permanent feed in pic below

permanentlive.jpg

Black wire to brown earth wire
Purple and orange to blue/grey from dimmer plug (this allows the dials to dim along with the standard dash lights).

IMG_3957copy.jpg

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
Hi m8, the below is from a post i did a while ago. It describes how to "wire" the gauge, then all you need to do is "plumb" it into your DV vac hose.

Please Note: the information below is for the Autogauge "gradational" series, 7 colour change). They can be purchased from most Halfords stores, for approximately £20-£25. The gauges come with the necessary parts to fit them and make them work (i.e. t-piece and piping for boost guage, and temp. sender for oil temp).
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...rentcategoryrn_70561_crumb__topcategory_70561

As for the wiring...see pics below-

The gauge has the wires below:
Black - earth
Purple - turns on illumination for the needle
Orange - turns on illumination for the dial numbers
Yellow - memory wire to remember what colour you chose

(note: the dial numbers will only illuminate if both the orange and yellow wires are connected...orange alone will not do anything).

So as per the pics below-
Yellow wire to red permanent feed in pic below

permanentlive.jpg

Black wire to brown earth wire
Purple and orange to blue/grey from dimmer plug (this allows the dials to dim along with the standard dash lights).

IMG_3957copy.jpg

thats brill, im just tring to get the circular dial off but i cant seem to click it out ive tried using the screw driver etc. just cant get it out....

this bit... (the light on/off switch- on the right)

DSC04129.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.