Warped Discs NEW?

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Hi Guys

A couple months back had some new Probite discs and pads installed. The brakes are great but now I'm getting pulsating feeling like there are high spots on the discs. Took it back to the garage and using a DTI gauge told me that the discs are outside the range, essentially warped. How the hell has this happened?? I don't get it, I have not done anything

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Is it both discs or just one, either way are you sure you don't have a wheel baring gone as that can cause this sort of issue.

Reactions: Jay20VT

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Not often I get to say this but... Probite? Never heard of them.

As for disc warp, there's a vague chance it's the bearing but I'd be surprised if both have gone at the same time. They don't make as much noise as other manufacturers (ask me how I know 🤣). Either you've cooked the discs or they've been machined poorly, time to contact the supplier

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Not often I get to say this but... Probite? Never heard of them.

As for disc warp, there's a vague chance it's the bearing but I'd be surprised if both have gone at the same time. They don't make as much noise as other manufacturers (ask me how I know 🤣). Either you've cooked the discs or they've been machined poorly, time to contact the supplier
Which I did do. Probite is a relatively new company and have had good reviews. Don't get me wrong, when they were new and doing what they were supposed to do they were bloomin awesome!
I have contacted them and agreed to look at warranty claim and 50% off a new set and full refund upon inspection of the old if they are faulty. Can't fault the after care tbh.

Reactions: Nam-uk
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members