Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks Chris, I used about 3 waxes depending on the weather/time i have.

Megs Cleaners Wax, P21s and Chemical Guys XXX

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Defo very sexeh.

Looks very similar to mine sat outside, infact when I'm finished mine should be more or less a twin to urs.

Loving it! Gives me inspiration.....(and letters from a angry bank manager) :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Defo very sexeh.

Looks very similar to mine sat outside, infact when I'm finished mine should be more or less a twin to urs.

Loving it! Gives me inspiration.....(and letters from a angry bank manager) :)
Thanks mate appreciated!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Big Brake Upgrade
-----
Took the plunge and purchase from ebay an ATE big Brake kit for £550! Kit is worth £1200 buying it from ATE! Hopefully this is not an ebay con job and everything works out well. Of course I will document how it all goes!

Kit includes the following:

Ate High Performance Powerkit, ( Part Number 24.0910-0123.3) a complete big brake conversion for your VW Group vehicle kit comprises
2 Brake Calipers complete with pads
2 Brake caliper mounting brackets without studs
2 Brake caliper mounting brackets with studs
4 Fastening bolts-Mounting brackets without studs
4 Fastening Nuts-Mounting brackets with studs
2Brake Discs (pre-assembled bell/Disc combination)
8 Washers
2 Banjo Bolts
2 Steel braided brake hoses
2 Brake pad wear indicators with quick connector
Comprehensive Instruction Booklets

ATEBigBrakes.JPG

wish me luck :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Still got to arrive yet Pat! :) Dont worry if they are good you will be the first to know, then we can have braking wars.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Big Brake Kit cont..
-----

Well all the parts have arrived. I am waiting till next month now to get MOT, Brakes and service done at the same time. Hopefully that will save me some money overall.

As you can see from pictures below the calliper is quite big. It is a bit longer it looks like than the LCR Brembo calliper, the pots also look bigger too when looking inside. Hopefully this will translate into a better braking system than the Brembo kit. I should think so too as they retail for £1400!

The discs are 326x30mm. They are heavy but not as heavy as my current ATE discs are. Maybe its because they are two piece? Hopefully I should have enough clearance with the LCR wheels. If not then a small spacer should do the trick.

ATECalliper.JPG

ATEDisc1.jpg

ATEDisc2.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
ATE update

Well just when I thought everything was going to be good with the brakes and even went to AMD and booked the car in. Olaf and I worked out that we potentially have wrong parts from the kits we purchased.

I am quite angry with the situation with the company that i purchased off. I will give them some strong words come Monday.

Hopefully Olaf and I can work all of this out and get the brakes on.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Tell me about it. Thing is davey the kit is worth 1400 (i got it for 550) and from what they told me they havent got any left. So its sort of not worth me getting my money back and I doubt they will replace the wrong parts. :(

nick-barnes07 is going to help me with part numbers etc...

i dunno :(