Aiming for the Masses - Uzi's 305BHP Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (MODs & Pictures on 1st post

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
here are some pics of the car stripped down and repairwork in progress

imag0442g.jpg

imag0443.jpg

imag0445o.jpg

imag0446r.jpg

imag0450.jpg

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i had the insight today at scottish modified, all i can say from those basic pic is that this is going to look stunning, get the new pics up soon bud,

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
i had the insight today at scottish modified, all i can say from those basic pic is that this is going to look stunning, get the new pics up soon bud,

i thought i'd let you in to some of my secrets earlier lol

Nice to see someone breaking the mould... a lot :)

yea well i thought i'd get my ass into gear and go for a full project!

What have you done to her Uzi :lol: cant wait to see the end finish mate will defo be keeping an eye on this thread :D

more photos tonight :D

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
ok here are more progress pics;
now that my engine was out i decided to start by stipping it out and getting the injector units out; firstly i took the turbo and inlet manifold off and anything else that got in way of removing the head, then got the head off;

imag0489.jpg

imag0490.jpg

its not too difficult to remove the injectors, basically they are split up in two, first 2 injectors on the left and the 3rd and 4th are on the right hand side, to remove them you need to unscrew the spline bolt from the rocker and then a hex bolt from the top of the injector itself. once this has been done you need to remove the wedge on the left hand side of the injector. below you can see the rocker with the screws un-done

imag0493q.jpg

once the lobe is free you can rest it on the cam or behind it and then move onto the injectors;
next you need to remove the injector wiring which took me ages because some stupid clips which are REALLY hard to remove, looks like this;

imag0494b.jpg

to remove the injector you need to twist it to the left with a pry bar and then using two pry bars apply an upward force on the top of the injector and then also twisting it and it will pop out in a jiffy;

imag0500z.jpg

imag0501.jpg

imag0502.jpg

its the same process for the rest of them.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
this is what the pd injector looks like;

imag0506.jpg

imag0510.jpg

if you look closely at the injector close up you will see hundres of tiny holes where the fuel flows through, pretty cool

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Ii assume you'll be changing the nozzles while they're out? Haveyou found someone local who can do it without breaking the pins? If not I can put you in touch with the guy who done mine.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Ii assume you'll be changing the nozzles while they're out? Haveyou found someone local who can do it without breaking the pins? If not I can put you in touch with the guy who done mine.

keith from united diesel is doing mine, and yea nozzles need to be uprated for the power i want. who do you know?still waiting on that call :lol:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
keith from united diesel is doing mine, and yea nozzles need to be uprated for the power i want. who do you know?still waiting on that call :lol:

As far as I was aware, he wouldn't guarantee changing them without breaking the pins. And he was quoting 50/50 on the pins breaking last time I spoke to him. I shipped mine to the states to be done. I did try to call you but got no answer. Is the car running yet?
I've been held up on my paintwork and ended up out if a job, but it's meant the engine has progressed a lot faster. I'm currently halfway through running it in.
Be prepared for a LARGE tyre bill :lol:

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
seriously?well in mate, no im still waiting on some parts to come through. got a fair bit but still waiting on the diff and having another think about my clutch, trying to source the heaviest single mass solid steel flywheel cz i want it to be like the DMF but i need to loose the DMF for the power i want. how is yours running? big difference? you found a new job yet?where you doing all your work? im surprised you have everything completed, did you do it all yourself?

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
seriously?well in mate, no im still waiting on some parts to come through. got a fair bit but still waiting on the diff and having another think about my clutch, trying to source the heaviest single mass solid steel flywheel cz i want it to be like the DMF but i need to loose the DMF for the power i want. how is yours running? big difference? you found a new job yet?where you doing all your work? im surprised you have everything completed, did you do it all yourself?

I'm still running a DMF. Haven't had any trouble at previous power but we'll see how it copes now. Mine feels strangled at the moment but it's on a very conservative map so it's to be expected. I made a few changes to the spec so I have a different turbo to that we spoke of and a few other changes. I'll give you a call to talk about it.

The car was in my mates garage. With help, I've done the removal and installation myself but had all the fab/engineering done elsewhere to my specs. I had a lot less to do than you lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members