Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

brad1

Sounds good mate, so when you get the uprated cooler, you should be on par with Karl's?

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hi Maz,

It's great to hear that the boost leaks have been temporarily solved, but I can see how this might test your patience. How are you feeling about the car overall Maz? Hopefully you'll be sticking with it. On the upside of the niggles, it must be reassuring and motivating to known that you have one of the nicest examples around, IMO, and with the final additions to the performance of the car I would hope that any uncertainties over having a petrol vehicle will be disolved.

I look forward to seeing the results of avenues being explored; it's encouraging to hear that so many are willing to help. Enjoy the nice weather :)

James.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hi Maz,

It's great to hear that the boost leaks have been temporarily solved, but I can see how this might test your patience. How are you feeling about the car overall Maz? Hopefully you'll be sticking with it. On the upside of the niggles, it must be reassuring and motivating to known that you have one of the nicest examples around, IMO, and with the final additions to the performance of the car I would hope that any uncertainties over having a petrol vehicle will be disolved.

I look forward to seeing the results of avenues being explored; it's encouraging to hear that so many are willing to help. Enjoy the nice weather :)

James.
Overall am very happy with the car. The kw v3s are now bedding in nicely and when the car hasn't got boost leaks everything gels together well.

Thanks for the kind words. I am a little disappointed that I haven't progress with the "next step project" and I have been wanting to do some engine improvements visually. These teething issues and the problems at work really has halted everything. I just feel the car isn't as nice as it could be currently but hey might just be me.

I still got lots planned I just hope I get a good break to kickstart the whole project!

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Overall am very happy with the car. The kw v3s are now bedding in nicely and when the car hasn't got boost leaks everything gels together well.

Thanks for the kind words. I am a little disappointed that I haven't progress with the "next step project" and I have been wanting to do some engine improvements visually. These teething issues and the problems at work really has halted everything. I just feel the car isn't as nice as it could be currently but hey might just be me.

I still got lots planned I just hope I get a good break to kickstart the whole project!

I'm sure that all it will take is a gentle nudge for things to get moving. Hopefully by mid May, Forge will have come up trumps, and this will give you a boost. It's easy to forget just how much people achieve with their cars over a period of time. Ownership=love/hate relationship... By far, this is one of the nicest examples on here IMO. Plus the fact that it's a diesel makes me curious; I certainly look forward to seeing where it takes you. Especially the engine cosmetics. Carbon?

James.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I'm sure that all it will take is a gentle nudge for things to get moving. Hopefully by mid May, Forge will have come up trumps, and this will give you a boost. It's easy to forget just how much people achieve with their cars over a period of time. Ownership=love/hate relationship... By far, this is one of the nicest examples on here IMO. Plus the fact that it's a diesel makes me curious; I certainly look forward to seeing where it takes you. Especially the engine cosmetics. Carbon?

James.
Cheers for the kind words James. Appreciate it as always.

Lets hope so - just want to see the project through. I am 100% certain that once Forge develop the kit (just had a chat with kris this morning actually) and boost leaks are all sorted (stable power) then I can concentrate on the next step. Got the ported head just sitting there - I just need new cam and that should see another 20BHP freed quite easily.

As for the engine bay, few things painted here and there and some carbon. Nothing over top as I prefer OEM+ look.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
..........Nothing over top as I prefer OEM+ look.

My thoughts exactly mate. Keep it OEM-ish. Its so much better to make a load of small, subtle changes that when all put together look cohesive and as if they should have been OEM had they spent the extra £20k at the factory!!! ;)

...plus it keeps it more towards being unique with your own stamp on it. Keep at it Maz. :thumbup:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
My thoughts exactly mate. Keep it OEM-ish. Its so much better to make a load of small, subtle changes that when all put together look cohesive and as if they should have been OEM had they spent the extra £20k at the factory!!! ;)

...plus it keeps it more towards being unique with your own stamp on it. Keep at it Maz. :thumbup:

Cheers. Bet your loving the M3, if you need it detailed give me a shout :)

Staszek20vt

Aug 19, 2009
PL/BE
www.leonclub.pl
Hi Maz,
I've just finish some reading and I'm glad that you're still on it. Your persistence it's just great and estimable. I'd love to have another meeting and chat mate.
Good luck with the Forge and AMD ;) fingers crossed.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hey Maz,

Sounds like you've had a productive day with D.K. Good whether for it. I think I read right that you recently purchased a last touch type product, which was meant to reduce dust/debris attraction by quite a bit. What are your thoughts on it now that you've used it a few times?

James.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hey Maz,

Sounds like you've had a productive day with D.K. Good whether for it. I think I read right that you recently purchased a last touch type product, which was meant to reduce dust/debris attraction by quite a bit. What are your thoughts on it now that you've used it a few times?

James.
Hi James,

Yea had a good day :) Finished around an hour ago so absolutely shattered and my back is playing up :(
Main thing is DK is over moon with the result so better get the writeup done quickly before he changes his mind!

There are two products that I feel genuinly work BUT the price point makes them an expensive toy. First product is FK425 and second is Ziano Z6 pro. Both work to repel dust but you ideally need to apply weekly so takes some dedication to keep on top of things. They are both quick detailer products so I suppose it doesnt take too long to apply, Z6 takes more care however.

I am more impressed with 3M Quik Wax. Now this is a cracking product as you can apply on the car wet or dry. Doesnt take long to apply and its the most effortless wax is ever used. It can prolong the "expensive" layer of protection almost indefinately if apply weekly or every 2 weeks. I been using it for 1 month now and just cant see myself not using it in future.

Maz

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hi James,

Yea had a good day :) Finished around an hour ago so absolutely shattered and my back is playing up :(
Main thing is DK is over moon with the result so better get the writeup done quickly before he changes his mind!

There are two products that I feel genuinly work BUT the price point makes them an expensive toy. First product is FK425 and second is Ziano Z6 pro. Both work to repel dust but you ideally need to apply weekly so takes some dedication to keep on top of things. They are both quick detailer products so I suppose it doesnt take too long to apply, Z6 takes more care however.

I am more impressed with 3M Quik Wax. Now this is a cracking product as you can apply on the car wet or dry. Doesnt take long to apply and its the most effortless wax is ever used. It can prolong the "expensive" layer of protection almost indefinately if apply weekly or every 2 weeks. I been using it for 1 month now and just cant see myself not using it in future.

Maz

Thanks Maz. I haven't heard of 3M Quik Wax before; I'll google it. I've been using Meguiars Quick Wax and Ultimate detailer. Together, they work extremely well - deep glossy shine and excellent beading and longevity. Had them recommended last year and I don't think I'll look for anything else.

With regards to wax, I'd been using Autoglym HD wax since its release in ?07/08, but bought Poor Boys (and Dodo's) Bananrama, as it appears to be particularly kind to yellow cars. Really like both products but as this is a quaterly routine, the Quik Wax is a godsend. I look forward to Darren's car write up.

Thanks Maz :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Maz I got it dirty on the way home :( can you come and sort it out please :D :whistle:

You did a cracking Job mate, I cant wait for you to the write up so I can post some pictures :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Maz I got it dirty on the way home :( can you come and sort it out please :D :whistle:

You did a cracking Job mate, I cant wait for you to the write up so I can post some pictures :D
Cheers Daz...I am on 159 pictures at the moment. Got to half them somehow for the writeup :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Project Carbon - Paint Correction detail

Saturday i was flat out detailing Dks car for BHP show today. Here is the write-up!

Even the cleanest cars have dirty secrets! :lol:

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

Thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3467788#post3467788

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Still plumbed in - sitting next to alternator.

Please dont tell me you got SFS pipes?

Yeah, couldn't really turn them down for the price....there a bit on the large side aint they, need a bit of modification if I want to put the engine cover back on.

Does the kit come with a new front water pipe as standard? I got mine second hand and it has a front water pipe with a slightly different bend. I guess its so the cooler pipe with the MAP sensor doesn't push the standard rad pipe onto the fan?

I'm quite tempted to knock up a custom FMIC as I'm sure it would be pretty easy especially now I've got these hoses and its gotta be better then the crap design push in fittings that the standard cooler has.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise