Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yeah, couldn't really turn them down for the price....there a bit on the large side aint they, need a bit of modification if I want to put the engine cover back on.

Does the kit come with a new front water pipe as standard? I got mine second hand and it has a front water pipe with a slightly different bend. I guess its so the cooler pipe with the MAP sensor doesn't push the standard rad pipe onto the fan?

I'm quite tempted to knock up a custom FMIC as I'm sure it would be pretty easy especially now I've got these hoses and its gotta be better then the crap design push in fittings that the standard cooler has.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your going to have nothing but problems with it. Unless they massively overhauled the design, actually put an oil resistance coating in them and increased the ply massively they will balloon.

If its FMIC kit it wont replace the water unless you get their coolant kit.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your going to have nothing but problems with it. Unless they massively overhauled the design, actually put an oil resistance coating in them and increased the ply massively they will balloon.

If its FMIC kit it wont replace the water unless you get their coolant kit.

I would say [although I don't know] that they have revised the kit as mine came with the front water pipe in silicon with a different bend then the standard pipe so it doesn't hit the fan.

It also looks different to others I've seen as its longer so it pushes on a EGR delete pipe further then normal.

The wall diameter is really thick I'd say about 5mm.

I have no idea if they balloon or not.

If there rubbish I'll just sell them on and make my own as it looks fairly simple but I thought they were worth a try for only £60. :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Cheers mate, if they are rubbish and I do make my own I'll make sure I take plenty of pics incase you or any of the others fancy having a go to.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
sfs aren't that great. I had the old and the new kit with the metal tubes. They expanded big time. The kits ok on standard or mild-higher boost, not anything greater.

I put jubilee clips around large parts of hose to stop expansion. A couple broke the welds and made the clips useless! These were not cheap clips!

I think the standard kit aint that bad. Leaves for bit expansion, but not too much. If the kits to solid then other parts will become weak points. ie intercoolers etc.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
WOLF’s CHEMICALS – Brake Duster mini review

Thought I would share a new detailing product I added to my collection recently. For those who been following the thread I had all my wheels recently refurbished in the last couple of months. I was eager to see what sort of iron contamination was present on them considering they are cleaned weekly and protected every month / 2 months without fail.

For those who dont know what this product is, it is a iron-dissolving gel.

The first wheel I tested was the front right, I did not rinse the wheel before applying the product. Spray the product inside and outside ensuring even spread.

wolf1.JPG

wolf2.JPG

Within a couple of minutes I could see the iron contaminants dissolving away with the product turning a deep purple colour.

wolf3.JPG

wolf4.JPG

wolf5.JPG

I decided to work in the product to see how it foams and spreads.

wolf6.JPG

I really didn’t expect the wheel to be so badly contaminated as I only had it refurbished a couple of months ago and have been religiously cleaning and ensuring that the CG Wheel Guard is topped up on a monthly basis.

As stated in the instructions I allowed the product to dry fully before jjet washing off. Once washed off the wheel was super clean however it looks to have totally destroyed the CG Wheel Guard. I will tested tomorrow to see if protection is present by spray some water on the wheels to see if there is sheeting/beading.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
wolf7.JPG

wolf8.JPG

I moved onto the rear wheel. This wheel I decided to clean with 10:1 mix Megs APC and Dodo Shampoo before applying the Deironiser

DSCF3375.JPG

wolf9.JPG

wolf10.JPG

3-4 minutes later – hardly any contamination on the rear!

wolf11.JPG

wolf12.JPG

wolf13.JPG

wolf14.JPG

Rinse away and again was impressed to see a super clean wheel. I then moved onto the front left wheel but this time I jet washed the wheel before applying the deironiser.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
wolf15.JPG

wolf16.JPG

wolf17.JPG

wolf18.JPG

wolf19.JPG

wolf20.JPG

Front left wheel was not as heavily contaminated as the right wheel. I am not sure whether pressure washing made the difference or not. What I am sure about is that this is a truly amazing product and so handy cause you can spray and leave it to dry. The fact that you can also use it on body work also makes it essential for decontaminating a vehicle. Only concern is the cost so definitely would not use it on a weekly basis but then to be fair you wouldn’t need to. Compared to its rivals its cheaper and better! 9/10 from me!

Link to detail thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=316229

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
They've come out really well Maz :D
How much is that stuff then ?
Yea they were clean before but I was surprised just by how clean they were afterwards. Definately not something you would use on a weekly basis but a quarterly clean.

1ltr is £10. I have updated the previous post with link to detail thread.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Forge MotorSport Saturday

Its definately happening this Saturday! Great news for all us Leon deisel owners. Slick will be with me on the road trip 3 hours each way as I will need a lift back. Forge will have the car for 2 weeks and hopefully they will

1 - Blue print my existing setup.
2 - Add a little more silicone on the joins so the clamps got something to hold onto
3 - Mount an intercooler that will work with the pipework.
4 - Design pipework, make it all fit.
5 - New strong forge clips

Cleaned the car ready for the trip on Saturday. Will give engine bay a tidy up also so its nice and clean for the forge engineers.

DSCF3418.JPG

DSCF3425.JPG

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Forge have cancelled again (for the third time). To say I am shocked at the customer service I/WE have recieved is a complete understatement. I did not expect this in my wildest dreams that Forge would be so unprofessional like this.

So now to find a company that is professional and do a kit for us.

Last edited:

n11tht

Mar 17, 2009
under the bonnet
Forge have cancelled again. To say I am shocked at the customer service I/WE have recieved is a complete understatement. I did not expect this in my wildest dreams that Forge would be so unprofessional like this.

So now to find a company that is professional and do a kit for us.

Maz this is really is poor on forges part. I did stumble across this thread on uk-mkiv's last night http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/263737.aspx. These may be a temporaqry solution until you can get something sorted.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
SFS let me down also.

In communication with Shaun@AmD. He is speaking with a few contacts and companies he uses for their BTCC. Fingers crossed.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise