colour choice help

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hi All.

I know this has probably been asked many many times, but I could do with some steer.

im swapping my Leon FR 17 plate facelift and gonna take the plunge for the first time into a Cupra.

I have seen 2 different ones pretty much identical 5dr dsg mostly the same extras etc

There is one in mystery blue, which I know looks amazing in the flesh as my current FR is the same colour.

however ive had a spanner thrown in the works as ive seen one that is £400 more with 2000mi less on the clock 3000 approx. and with the nav high, but its urban silver.

1. What are peoples thoughts on the blue Vs the silver in the Cupras does the silver look bland?
2. is the Nav high system worth the bit extra.

I think i would have gone straight for the dearer one if it had been in blue, but the silver has thrown me a bit.

any thoughts would be really helpful

thanks in advance.

:)

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
This works.

Imagine both cars parked side-by-side in a nice showroom, with both sets of keys resting on a side table.

You're told that you can take either car for a spin. The keys you want to grab first belong to the car you should choose ;)

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
This works.

Imagine both cars parked side-by-side in a nice showroom, with both sets of keys resting on a side table.

You're told that you can take either car for a spin. The keys you want to grab first belong to the car you should choose ;)
Haha.

Thanks

That's some good advice right there. I'd be sooo tempted to take both and alternate on the weekends. Lol.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I saw an Urban Silver 300 last week and I am not normally a fan of silver cars in general but on the 300 with the dark wheels looked really good, Much better in the flesh than pictures.

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hmmmmmm.

I might see if I can find an urban silver car around the area see what it looks like in the flesh.

Anyone got any thoughts on if the navigation high pack is worth the bit extra?

Thanks.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Silver is far better for hiding the dirt, but I love the look of the blue. You currently have blue so it will be down to you wanting to show to everyone you have changed (silver) or stick with the blue that you already like and explain to the none petrol heads that it is now different.

My vote would be blue, but I currently have a grey FR

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
For me if it was a question of choosing blue or silver, I’d weigh up the pros and cons of the following;

• darker colours have more depth of shine than light colours but show the dirt more than lighter colours.
  • a relatively dark blue car would take more effort to keep it looking good than a silver car. A good washing technique for Mystery Blue would be essential to minimise the risk of swirling the paintwork (prewash/snowfoam, two bucket wash method and lambs wool mitt, blow dry or pat dry with dedicated drying towels). Silver would be more forgiving and hide any swirls better than blue.
  • historically, metallic silver has been a notoriously difficult colour to match if you’re unfortunate enough to need any bodywork/paintwork repairs. Paint matching technology is probably better these days, but if it’s still difficult to get a good colour/shade match, my car OCD would mean I wouldn’t want to drive around in a ‘patchwork’ car after repairs, with different shades of silver on different panels.
I’d go for Blue, but colour choice is a very personal thing and if you asked a dozen impartial people for their preference, you’d probably get an even split in favour of each colour. At the end of the day, only you can decide.

Brandon

May 7, 2017
Wiltshire
I've had a Monsoon Grey, which I loved, but have just collected a Mystery Blue. I'm so glad I went for this new colour as it's stunning and definitely suits the more sportier look of the Cupra. As always, though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so go with your gut!!

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
I've got a monsoon grey 280 (love the colour) and about to get a mystery blue 300, for me the blue really suits the cupra and looks a premium colour. There's a silver 290 at my work and it just looks a bit too plain, nice but nothing special. In your position I'd go for the mystery blue car, sat nav high isn't essential (ask yourself would you pay for it if buying a new car?)and for me a nice looking colour is more important than 3d maps but it's your choice.

Personally my favorite colour for the Cupra is Alor blue but it wasn't available when I ordered the 280 or 300, gutted :(

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
I've got a monsoon grey 280 (love the colour) and about to get a mystery blue 300, for me the blue really suits the cupra and looks a premium colour. There's a silver 290 at my work and it just looks a bit too plain, nice but nothing special. In your position I'd go for the mystery blue car, sat nav high isn't essential (ask yourself would you pay for it if buying a new car?)and for me a nice looking colour is more important than 3d maps but it's your choice.

Personally my favorite colour for the Cupra is Alor blue but it wasn't available when I ordered the 280 or 300, gutted :(
I think I'm gonna go for the mystery blue. Love the colour with it being on my current FR.
My last FR was Alor blue, hardly saw any of them and could find it easily in a car park. :), was a little bit sad when they stopped it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.