oil filter location

the grinch

Jan 15, 2024
Hi all
I have a 2014 Leon FR 2.0 ltr diesel, i am trying to establish location and access to the oil filter, u tube shows many oil filter changes some from above some from below but none i have seen show a turbo like mine, see photo of a similar one to mine, any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance

s-l1600 (1).jpg

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Its underneath (you need to remove the undertray) - at the front. You have to reach up a little to get to it; bit of a crap place - and usually end up with oil running down.
There is a small grub screw in the centre of the large plastic filter housing which can drain the filter first.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
It's far harder to do than the old Mk1 with PD engine where it was on top.

You'll need to remove underdray (T25 and T40 I think). The filter is near the front, annoying above a motor/pump of some sort. It's effectively upside down, so you do need to remove the central bung to drain the oil out of it (not sure what size that is). Then you need a 32mm socket to undo the filter. My central drain plug is rounded, so I get to remove the lid with it full of oil. Always a bit messy but that's how it is! Have fun!

1705702311562.png

**EDIT** the drain plug is 13mm see here: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/leon-2-0-tdi-oil-filter-housing-draining.466121/

1705702498633.png