Leon Cupra 0-60

dave

May 21, 2001
Scotland
Visit site
What is the true 0-60, and 30-70 time for cupra?, i can't understand how the recent review on the octavia in the autocar mag, had a faster 0-60(6.7secs) and 0-100(16.7secs), when the leon has a 6 speed gearbox and same engine.

I did notice that in autoexpress website review of octavia claimed 0-60 in 7,9 secs

can anyone shed some light on the matter please

dave

------------------

Siesta

Well i just been flicking through my mags (car mags) and pulled out Autocar. They tested (100mph race) Clio 172, 206 GTI and the 180bhp Leon.

The Leon came in at 7.4 seconds at 60mph and 19.58 when reaching 100mph.

------------------

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Well i've had it on rather good authority that the reason the Octavia posted such great times is that a certain company had been asked to fiddle with the press cars.

Now as a Leon driver i know how easy and really inexpensive especially for a car manufacturer it is to get a lot more power out of a 1.8 20VT.

I think Skoda needs the extra on paper oomph to get people interested, but i'd like to see a stock from dealership pull that kind of 0-60, id be very suprised and really like to know which bulkheads they've removed to lessesn the weight
smile.gif

The Octavia is a fine car, and Skoda will no doubt benefit from the VAG group as SEAT has, but im very dubious about these times.

Mark

------------------

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
At Alconbury, Drayton the speed timing people will be present, i intend to get a definative 0-60 for my car. and if possible to 60 -100 too.
smile.gif

Just a shame we can't borrow an Octavia RS for the afternoon
biggrin.gif

------------------

Tommie

Hi, I´ve done 0-62 in 6.48s according to G-tech... and 6.72s with one passenger in.
Mods : 3" exaust from the turbo, no cat and a Direct airfilter.
Leon 1.8T 4wd...

------------------
One black Seat

Tommie

20VT: exaust a company in Swe have done it (nothing spec) filter is a Fome typ ITG(they aren´t so good).
That´s all I´ve done for know... but who knows what I will do =)

------------------
One black Seat

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I think that Tommie's best modification is the lack of CAT, this should give more torque and upto 10bhp extra.
wink.gif

Which would explain his good 0-62 times.

Though another good factor is his 4WD, this will give him great grip for a fast start.
smile.gif

Mark

------------------

Tommie

I can say like this the grip is very importent... and I dont need more =) just more power would be nice!

------------------
One black Seat

20VT

Shovelling sh!te again..
Jun 21, 2001
Leeds
Visit site
Tommy, I'm interested in this exhaust of yours! Was it specially made for you? Can you just remove the existing system from the turbo back and replace? ie. are there no electrical sensors, etc connected to the cat.
Do this company sell in the UK?
Got any under car pictures you can post for us?
Thanks

Tommie

20VT: the exaust is made for my car onely(the first Leon he made) but is now a model he builds for others.
Lambda sensors, this is tricky, I didn´t have any after the cat but one a frindes car (fwd car)had!?
Pictures will be posted...i dont know were but...
The exaust is not for sale in uk... =( but it´s nothing fancy...

/Tommie

------------------
One black Seat

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Sounds like something Powerflow could probably knock up. or Tube Torque in Macclesfield.

They will build the exhaust to your requirements for your car. I know some people have been very happy with powerflow, others less so, it depends on what you want i guess.

I believe the Black Ibiza 20VT at the Alconbury Track Day, the 8BONE one had a powerflow made for it, that looked good and sounded well too, that car also shifted, though it had been chipped also i believe, but still it was fine car.

Maybe the owner will tell us more if he reads this. Mike i think his name was
smile.gif

Mark

------------------

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
0-60

hi, i have SLC 180 with revo taking it to 210bhp and 232lb/ft . I did 0-60 in sub 7 secs, 6.8 actually. Rubbish in wet conditions though.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.