Seat cupra 280 brake bleeding

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
Hi, I’m changing my discs, pads, braided hoses and doing a complete brake fluid change. Do you just bleed each caliper like normal or is there something you have to do with the ABS? TIA

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
General rule of thumb is start with furthest caliper from master cylinder if doing a complete fluid change

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi, I’m changing my discs, pads, braided hoses and doing a complete brake fluid change. Do you just bleed each caliper like normal or is there something you have to do with the ABS? TIA

I'm sure I saw somewhere that it's best to use a pressure bleeding kit.

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
Thanks!!
Does anyone know how much brake fluid I will need for a complete change?

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
Nice one! Do you know how much the system holds exactly? I know i will need some for bleeding through

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
Got the fluid but it says this on the bottle:

It should not be used in vehicles fitted with magnesium alloy cylinders or reservoirs. Silicone type assembly compounds should not be used in conjunction with this product.

Does anyone know if the Cupra has magnesium alloy cylinders or reservoirs?

Thanks in advance!

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I'd be very surprised if it has magnesium components, and you don't have to worry about silicon in the brake system.
DOT 4 is in widespread use, suits nearly everything but Harleys.

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
I'd be very surprised if it has magnesium components, and you don't have to worry about silicon in the brake system.
DOT 4 is in widespread use, suits nearly everything but Harleys.

They must have some magnesium content? As I take it they are cast aluminium?

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
The OP refers to components of mainly magnesium construction, which are reasonably uncommon on everyday cars. I've used DOT 4 and 4.1 on all my bikes and cars with aluminium brake parts for many years without a problem. It has been the specified fluid for all of them.
A more important thing is to change the fluid regularly, every two years at least.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.