Changing the steering Weight on a MK4 ibiza

zukit

Whilst I was out playing with Vag-Com I thought I'd have a go at changing the steering weight.

The procedure ( for those who are interested ) is dead simple.

Open the steering assist module

click recode -07

take note of the value, on mine it was 000121

change it

mine is now 000151

its more work to steer but you get much more back from it. Steering is more positive and less twitchy. I may well knock it down to 141 to ease it up a bit.

All round dead easy mod

I give it a 0 spanner rating for difficulty and 5 thumbs up for results

Changed mine to 000151 (TDI sport...). Did make a difference, but is there another code that makes the feel even more heavy?

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
i changed mine from 10121 to 10151 and that certainly made a difference, and then i changed it to 10181 and that made even more of a difference! Now i have a strut brace, and thats helped even more :)

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
since i got my TDi130 sport (6 weeks ago :D ) i have noticed the lack of feedback from the steering :( compared to previously owned cars.

thought i'd have to adjust my driving style to match the car, but this sounds very interesting! :D

where is the best place to buy the vag-com kit for my laptop? :confused:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
let me know if you notice a difference or not m8...sometimes i think it's all in my head! lol

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
how do u know that m8? Can anyone confirm this for sure?

i researched extensively into this before i did it, and one bloke said his seat mechanic got his working up to 8...so i thought i'd give it a go...it does feel heavier, i'm sure it does :confused:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
so what actually happened with urs? did it accept the code or did it revert back? Did you just not notice any difference or wot?

Mine seemed to accept the code fine, and it seemed like it made a difference at the time, although i hadn't had it set to "5" for long....maybe i'll change it bk to 5 and see if notice a difference.

zukit

so what actually happened with urs? did it accept the code or did it revert back? Did you just not notice any difference or wot?

Mine seemed to accept the code fine, and it seemed like it made a difference at the time, although i hadn't had it set to "5" for long....maybe i'll change it bk to 5 and see if notice a difference.

It did accept the new code, but the feel was like "5" (or so...). Does any one know the factory figures?:confused:

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
would any1 in the glasgow area be willing to do this for me? please :whistle: :)

Black-Demon

My Cupra TDI has now the steering assist value in 00181... Much more feedback from what´s going on the front weels!

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hi guys

talking about Vag-com, how do i get this program?! and how can I attach a lead from my laptop (i guess) to the car?

Very interested, so if anyone has the software, can u PM me, cheers :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.