Matt's MK2 FR - Lowered / New alloys

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
Lucky for me I bought the car with the springs he already fitted.

The springs are £180 on eBay inc free delivery

Yes the tyre size I have is 225 x 40 x 18

Keep up the good work with your mate :)

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Thanks dude :), tbh I never even thought about it, looks really well though. Did you have to buy a whole new set of clocks? How you get them coded to the mileage you had? Wouldn't mind facelift FR clocks!

Yeah the clocks come as a complete unit, worth keeping an eye on eBay as they pop up every now and then. Mileage and immobiliser data needs transferring so you'd need someone with the right tools to do it. It's a really nice upgrade though and you get audio and nav info from the RNS on them. Would need to be pre-facelift as the facelift ones use a different system so aren't interchangeable.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Yeah the clocks come as a complete unit, worth keeping an eye on eBay as they pop up every now and then. Mileage and immobiliser data needs transferring so you'd need someone with the right tools to do it. It's a really nice upgrade though and you get audio and nav info from the RNS on them. Would need to be pre-facelift as the facelift ones use a different system so aren't interchangeable.

Oh yeah that's right I forgot about that. I'd be abit scared about changing the clocks incase anyone thinks I'm lowering the miles on my car (when I come to sell it) I'll keep an eye out on eBay, could be tempted. How much was it to get your mileage ect transferred?

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Lucky for me I bought the car with the springs he already fitted.

The springs are £180 on eBay inc free delivery

Yes the tyre size I have is 225 x 40 x 18

Keep up the good work with your mate :)

Lucky indeed! £180 ain't bad, I can deal with that lol..
Good job same size as mine, cheers for the heads up.. Maybe buy springs with my crimbo money :)

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Great looking car, it looks transformed now. Where did you get your Cupra pedals from.

Thanks dude! I got them off eBay, brand new for £70/75 iirc. They came from Spain or somewhere like that, if you search for Cupra pedals on here you should find some info, was bought that long ago I can't remember lol

Bdringhill

Noob
Mar 29, 2013
I like what you've done with the door trim mate, I'm tempted to do mine.
Do they just clip off or are they glued?

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Well we're in seeing Seat today because when they serviced the car they didn't secure the under-tray properly, also broke all the clips that holds the engine cover on. Will let yous know how it goes.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Well all sorted, Seat told me that the clips on the Engine cover sometimes break (all 4 though) & they're very sorry that someone just put it back on and didnt say anything. They're also very sorry that they didnt secure the Under tray. Back in on Wednesday to get the clips fitted (Didnt have them in stock) & also get the Undertray fixed.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
About time you got the RR up matey. The cars lookin spot on. The gloss black interior handles are a very nice touch and match the R handles. Might do that myself.

Suddy

May 18, 2012
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi mate,

Lovely example of a pre-facelift, quite a few ideas there for me to pinch :p

Did you purchase the facelift climate control unit from a dealer or was it a used part? How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Quite tempted but mine has heated seats also so would probably be harder to find if it was used.

Cheers,
Dave

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Hi mate,

Lovely example of a pre-facelift, quite a few ideas there for me to pinch :p

Did you purchase the facelift climate control unit from a dealer or was it a used part? How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking? Quite tempted but mine has heated seats also so would probably be harder to find if it was used.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks! lol, go ahead :).
I found it on ebay and made the guy an offer, he only had the climate control listed but after messaging him found out he had the other bits..
Managed to get everything for £60+P&P absolute steal!

Yeah I think it would be tricky to find one with heated Seats option also, stealer's would be looking like £150 though id imagine, or not far off that.

CJcupra

Jan 11, 2013
Surrey
Hi buddy,

Just been reading through your RR. Looking good, need some alloys on that soon...:whistle:

My Cupra is lowered on H&R springs, couldn't fault them tbh. think they were £180.

peace [B)]

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Hi buddy,

Just been reading through your RR. Looking good, need some alloys on that soon...:whistle:

My Cupra is lowered on H&R springs, couldn't fault them tbh. think they were £180.

peace [B)]

Cheers dude, Yeah some nice chap sold me his old alloys :D

The H&R springs seem to be the ones to go for, Ill be buying some just after christmas :)

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Small update:

Fitted my LED rear licence plate lights:
Error free ebay jobs, awesome quality.

IMG_8756_zps9e63d974.jpg

IMG_8755_zps7e58cd03.jpg

ScreenShot2013-10-19at221121_zpsb4ae73ec.png

IMG_8759_zpsb366317c.jpg

Only took a couple of mins to fit, looks much better in the metal :)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise