Mark 2 Leon Cupra R Project - New Wheels!

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
Guess your thinking of changing your wheels then mate?

If so what you looking at getting as others have said they look sweet

It was always a toss up between getting new wheels or having my originals refurbed in black as I said early on, but chose new, I then bought new tyres as it made sense at the same time, but kept to 235's as that was original fitment, but then found out I should've gone 225's because my cars lowered and the new wheels are 8.5" wide compared with 8" as standard!

So the option was to either get another new set of 225 tyres and keep the new wheels or keep the new 235 tyres i'd already bought and get my original wheels refurbed in black, so thats what I've done.

If I hadn't liked my originals in black when they came back from the refurbers though I would've bought new tyres and kept the new wheels because I did love the way they looked, and the difference in weight was noticeable aswell.

As said, I would sell the wheels for the right price, but am also more than happy to keep them as they may still end up back on the Leon, or on the next project :whistle:............but my loft is starting to groan under the weight of all the wheels already up there and all the other car parts I've got.