Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » General Topics » General Off Topic Chat

General Off Topic Chat To be used for subjects of a general nature. NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE OF THE SITE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Old 21-10-2016, 00:36   #21
JACUPRA280

JACUPRA280 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.owen View Post

I know this isn't Leon or even SEAT related but I'm hoping somebody knows what this is! Two of them have popped up on country lanes (50 zones) near my house, right next to where it goes down to 30. They're relatively busy roads I guess but not a place you'd usually see generic traffic CCTV cameras which is my reason for concern.

There are no sign posts up saying there are speed cameras and apparently all speed cameras must be yellow as of this month. But they have only appeared today so?

Any knowledge will be beneficial as I'm quite concerned if they are and apologies for the shit photo quality but it's pitch black out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's 100% an ANPR camera. They've popped up by me too.
Old 21-10-2016, 00:43   #22
PaulyM
still learning

PaulyM has 10 points
They look like Vector cameras to me and are mainly used to monitor congestion or traffic infringements. They do use ANPR technology though.

Can I ask what road they are on please?
PaulyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 00:45   #23
dw911

dw911 has 40 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazand View Post
Up already mate, on the M6 Midlands and on the M1. Starting to appear on the M42 also. Replacing GATSO's in most cases.
Thats not good, I'd seen then on the M25, didn't relize they had spread so quick, thanks for the heads up
Have noticed though on the M25 they do seem to be proceed by 3 gray poles on left side of the carriageway just before you get to the gantry on which they are side mounted too, so it's possible to get some warning your approaching one, or at least it is on the M25
dw911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 00:46   #24
j.owen

j.owen has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyM View Post
They look like Vector cameras to me and are mainly used to monitor congestion or traffic infringements. They do use ANPR technology though.

Can I ask what road they are on please?

They're on Clock Face Rd, just off School Lane (A569)

Old 21-10-2016, 11:20   #25
kazand
Is powered by Medtronics

kazand has 100 pointskazand has 100 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw911 View Post
Thats not good, I'd seen then on the M25, didn't relize they had spread so quick, thanks for the heads up
Have noticed though on the M25 they do seem to be proceed by 3 gray poles on left side of the carriageway just before you get to the gantry on which they are side mounted too, so it's possible to get some warning your approaching one, or at least it is on the M25
Yup, they have to have those, they will take a picture of the variable speed limit sign to avoid any 'the sign was at 60' arguments. Its also up to the Chief Constable ( or someone similar - other overpaid civil servants are available ) when the cameras are used, I.e only when the variable limit is active or at all times. So you never know.
kazand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2016, 14:11   #26
dw911

dw911 has 40 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazand View Post
Yup, they have to have those, they will take a picture of the variable speed limit sign to avoid any 'the sign was at 60' arguments. Its also up to the Chief Constable ( or someone similar - other overpaid civil servants are available ) when the cameras are used, I.e only when the variable limit is active or at all times. So you never know.
Appreciate the info, always good to know how these things work
Cheers
dw911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 00:55   #27
PaulyM
still learning

PaulyM has 10 points
Quote:
They're on Clock Face Rd, just off School Lane (A569)
Thanks, guess I will have to take care as I work in St.Helens and use that road occasionally.
PaulyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 07:25   #28
StylancePaul
CUPRA Owner

StylancePaul has 10 points
Something similar popped up round my way for a month or so a little while ago. They were being used to inform a traffic survey, I was told. Effectively by recording number plates as they go through they can determine what routes vehicles are taking, this is in advance of a new bypass/flyover being built as part of the planning control is that HGVs don't start using it as a shortcut from the A14 to the A14!
Old 22-10-2016, 13:32   #29
j.owen

j.owen has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylancePaul View Post
Something similar popped up round my way for a month or so a little while ago. They were being used to inform a traffic survey, I was told. Effectively by recording number plates as they go through they can determine what routes vehicles are taking, this is in advance of a new bypass/flyover being built as part of the planning control is that HGVs don't start using it as a shortcut from the A14 to the A14!

How did you find this out?

Old 22-10-2016, 18:18   #30
philipj999

philipj999 has 10 points
Either ANPR or traffic monitoring.
philipj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 17:33   #31
StylancePaul
CUPRA Owner

StylancePaul has 10 points
Quote:
How did you find this out?

I spoke to someone from Highways in the local area, they confirmed that they were for a traffic survey.
Old 23-10-2016, 18:43   #32
andrewpain

andrewpain has 10 points
sure it's not Autumnwatch?
Looking for tits or beaver?
as are we all??
Old 23-10-2016, 18:47   #33
kazand
Is powered by Medtronics

kazand has 100 pointskazand has 100 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpain View Post
sure it's not Autumnwatch?
Looking for tits or beaver?
as are we all??
kazand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:50   #34
luigi33

luigi33 has 10 points
Not a speed camera....
luigi33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 21:48   #35
Sanderk95

Sanderk95 has 10 points
Im pretty sure its a surveillance camera there are alot of those in the netherlands aswell
Sanderk95 is offline   Reply With Quote